Basic Authentication no prompt login box

Magnus Jardeby

I have a problem with basic authentication.
I redirect a user from a page to another.
I don't want to get the NT prompt login, I want the user to be logged in
automatically.
I want to send the username/password to the page.

I have read something about cookies and sending username/password through
the header.

With the new Windows Update 832894 it is no longer possible to use
http(s)://username:password@server/resource.ext

Is there any other way to redirect to another page and pass the username and
password

/Magnus

Ray at

If you had the ability to redirect the user to name:p[email protected],
that would mean that you already know the username and password, wouldn't
it?

The username will be automatically passed if your site is in the browser's
intranet zone, security settings in the browser are set to send the logon
credentials to that zone (default in IE), and you are using integrated
authentication.

Ray at work

Magnus Jardeby

Hi!
Yes I know the username and the password!
I want to redirect the user with his/her username and password to an
internet site that is using basic authentication.
The user is supposed to click on a link and not notice that he/she is sent
to an external site.
If I redirect to this page without username and password the logon prompt
appears.
With the new Windows Update it is no longer possible to send
username/password in the URL.
Any new thoughts?

/Magnus

Ray at

I see. I'd say that you'd have to tell the user what is going on then.

Ray at work

Magnus Jardeby

Ok. I can tell the users what is going on but I don't think they want to
login again since they are already logged into the system.
Thanks for your answers anyway!

/Magnus

Ray at

..NET Passport! :]

Ray at work

Magnus Jardeby said:
Ok. I can tell the users what is going on but I don't think they want to
login again since they are already logged into the system.
Thanks for your answers anyway!

/Magnus

Mike Sellers

I have the same problem. The user does not want to login again when jumping from one site to another. I can't change from basic authentication. I know the username and password. Is there anyway to make this happen?