    I'm using IIS 5, and windows 2000

    Thanks,
    Barry

    Barry, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Barry

    Showjumper Guest

    Any reason you cant use Forms Authentication?
    "Barry" <> wrote in message
    > The MS fix for IE broke how users access our site (if they patch their
    > browsers), so I need a solution to get users logged onto our site
    > transparently.
    >
    > Basically we used to log on to the site by:
    > http://username:/main/ which uses basic auth, but now

    that
    > doesn't work. I would like to find a way where I can still use basic auth
    > and tell the people hitting our site to modify their url to:
    > http://www.mysite.com/main/?uid=username&pwd=pwd but I haven't found
    > anything that will solve my needs in the .net framework.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any controls or funcs that I can use to accomplish

    what

    Showjumper, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Barry

    Barry Guest

    If I can use forms, that would be great, but I haven't played with them. I
    didn't think that they would work with the basic authentication or pass
    through authentication (http://usrname:/).

    Our website has all of the users in an nt group, in which we currently use
    basic auth for validation. Our site is mainly transparent for our users
    since they are being passed directly to us from their own companies site,
    but without them having to see a login for our site. If you have some
    sample code, or any other info, that would be great.

    Thanks,
    Barry

    Barry, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Barry

    Showjumper Guest

    With dot net you also have the option of windows authentication, not just
    forms. And there is alos passport authentication.
    Give this a look:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308157

    Showjumper, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Barry

    Barry Guest

    The problem that we have currently, is that we are relying on basic auth,
    our whole site is setup this way, and we are trying to avoid having to move
    to another security solution.

    Barry, Feb 6, 2004