Basic Authentication problem

Barry

The MS fix for IE broke how users access our site (if they patch their
browsers), so I need a solution to get users logged onto our site
transparently.

Basically we used to log on to the site by:
http://username:[email protected]/main/ which uses basic auth, but now that
doesn't work. I would like to find a way where I can still use basic auth
and tell the people hitting our site to modify their url to:
http://www.mysite.com/main/?uid=username&pwd=pwd but I haven't found
anything that will solve my needs in the .net framework.

Does anyone know of any controls or funcs that I can use to accomplish what
I'm looking for?

I'm using IIS 5, and windows 2000

Thanks,
Barry

Barry

If I can use forms, that would be great, but I haven't played with them. I
didn't think that they would work with the basic authentication or pass
through authentication (http://usrname:[email protected]/).

Our website has all of the users in an nt group, in which we currently use
basic auth for validation. Our site is mainly transparent for our users
since they are being passed directly to us from their own companies site,
but without them having to see a login for our site. If you have some
sample code, or any other info, that would be great.

Thanks,
Barry

Barry

The problem that we have currently, is that we are relying on basic auth,
our whole site is setup this way, and we are trying to avoid having to move
to another security solution.

Thanks,
Barry