Basic Authentication v. Integrated Windows Authentication w/ Delegation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark, Jan 20, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    We have an IIS 6 web server on W2003 Server that connects to a SQL Server 2K
    (Sp3) running on W2003 Server. It connects using Delegation. Delegation
    is enabled in Active Directory. The two servers are on the same switch.

    There is one scenario where this connection works, and one where it doesn't.

    Working: Using Basic Authentication - user has to log in again even if they
    are on the domain.
    Not Working: Using Integrated Windows Authentication - no login necessary
    since they are already on the domain.

    When it doesn't work, I get the "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not
    associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."

    Thoughts? We would love to be able to leverage the integrated windows
    authentication so logged in users don't have to log in each time to use our
    application. Thanks!

    Mark
    Mark, Jan 20, 2004