    written to?

    Thanks in advance!

    Steve
    Steve, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Steve

    Ray at Guest

    BCC yourself.

    All that CDONTS does is create a text file that is compliant with SMTP
    requirements and drops the file in \inetpub\mailroot\pickup. From there,
    it's up to your SMTP service to handle sending it. If the message cannot be
    sent, like because of a DNS issue or an invalid from address, for example,
    you will see entries in the application log on the server. (I believe it's
    app, and not system.)

    Ray at work

    p.s. Unless you're on an NT server, you should use CDOSYS. CDONTS is old
    technology. http://www.aspfaq.com/2026

    Ray at, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Ray,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I found the message sitting in the pickup directory.

    Any idea why it's just sitting there (I know this goes beyond this
    newsgroup)?

    Thanks again,
    Steve

    Steve, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Steve

    Ray at Guest

    Look in the event logs on the server for SMTP events. There should be
    something indicating why the message couldn't be sent, either a DNS issue, a
    relaying issue, or something else. Either that, or the SMTP service isn't
    running.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Nov 14, 2003