Basic formatting for HTML text in ASP.NET 1.1 ?

Jack

Hi all,

Is there a way for a user of a website to control the basic font size/colour
of text, then upload it into a HTML text page in ASP.NET 1.1 ?

For example, I want a user to log into the website, and be able to type in
text, give it a colour, fontsize and basic layout, etc. The hit submit, and
the text will be available to view through the browser?

Cheers,
Jack.

Christopher Reed

Yes, there's a way.

You can create a form to capture this information and then, upon postback,
display your desired page (hiding the entry form in the process).

Is this what you looking to do?

pH

The only obvious way I can think of is to set up an editable IFRAME
with a blank page loaded (this will let the user type stuf on to the
page), and provide buttons to control the formatting. Then, to upload
it, do some Javascript on the page containing the frame that copies its
content into a hidden input field and posts it to the server, which can
then write it into an HTML file.

There are a few examples of how to do this floating around on the web;
however, you can't really use ASP controls to do it [at least not that
I know of] - so you'll have to hand-code the elements and client-script.

Paul Clement

¤ Hi all,
¤
¤ Is there a way for a user of a website to control the basic font size/colour
¤ of text, then upload it into a HTML text page in ASP.NET 1.1 ?
¤
¤ For example, I want a user to log into the website, and be able to type in
¤ text, give it a colour, fontsize and basic layout, etc. The hit submit, and
¤ the text will be available to view through the browser?
¤

How about using a RichTextBox control?

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=1636&lngWId=10

Paul