BASIC is better than C++ !!!

Lucas J. Riesau

Everybody is able to write something in BASIC, while
C++ is so cryptic that only computer geeks can use
it.

Therefore, C++ should be forbidden and everybody should
be forced to use BASIC!!!

John Harrison

Lucas said:
Everybody is able to write something in BASIC, while
C++ is so cryptic that only computer geeks can use
it.

Therefore, C++ should be forbidden and everybody should
be forced to use BASIC!!!

Having trouble? We are here to ease your pain.

Now for a really cryptic language, go away and look at perl.

john

Chris Thomasson

Lucas J. Riesau said:
Everybody is able to write something in BASIC, while
C++ is so cryptic that only computer geeks can use
it.

[...]

is the statement:

10 PRINT "Hello, World!"

really that different from:

printf("Hello, World!");

?

Default User

Lucas said:
Everybody is able to write something in BASIC, while
C++ is so cryptic that only computer geeks can use
it.

This is an example of what the lowest common denominator does for
trolling, so just apply that to programming.

Brian

alexandru.lz

is the statement:
10 PRINT "Hello, World!"

really that different from:

printf("Hello, World!");

?

Well, technically speaking, it is.

You see, research has indeed shown that the use of signs like
parenthesis and semicolons (or, in general, any sign that doesn't have
a serious literal meaning) makes the statements difficult to read.
Seriously now, can anybody read LISP?

Besides, the name of the command is not intuitive. printf? What does
the 'f' stand for? PRINTtoFile? PRINTFast? PRINTFaster?
PRINTFermat'slasttheorem?

Seriously, cryptic languages like these should not be taught in a
programming class. It's simply unrealistic to expect anyone to learn
this.

I would suggest we all started using Ada instead. After all, it was
designed by a commitee...

[Sorry for trolling it *this* way but I simply couldn't help]

BobR

Lucas J. Riesau said:
Everybody is able to write something in BASIC, while
C++ is so cryptic that only computer geeks can use
it.
Therefore, C++ should be forbidden and everybody should
be forced to use BASIC!!!

Are you a friend of Dictator G. Bush?
Bad enough the U.S government has become anti-American, but, you can have my
C++ when you pry it from my cold dead hands!!

Sarath

Everybody is able to write something in BASIC, while
C++ is so cryptic that only computer geeks can use
it.

Therefore, C++ should be forbidden and everybody should
be forced to use BASIC!!!

C++ is not that much difficult as you think. It's both simple and
complex.
It could express the realworld problems with object oriented
implementation. It simplify the task to represent the complex problems
into simple levels and it's possible to re-use and extend the code
which is written. It's more powerful with it's memory management
capabilities and libraries. You can feel it once you get down to it.

I suggest you to read, C++ a hands on approach by Eric Nagler, if you
are really interested.

~Sarath
http://sarathc.wordpress.com/

Herhor

Lucas J. Riesau pisze:
Everybody is able to write something in BASIC, while
C++ is so cryptic that only computer geeks can use
it.

Therefore, C++ should be forbidden and everybody should
be forced to use BASIC!!!

10 REM BASIC PROGRAM IN BASIC
20 PRINT "BASIC is for oafs only!"
30 GOTO 20
40 RUN

Gernot Frisch

Everybody is able to write something in BASIC, while
C++ is so cryptic that only computer geeks can use
it.

Newsgroups are so easy to use, even trolls like you can use it,
whereas writing dissertations is for PhD's only.
Therefore, C++ should be forbidden and everybody should
be forced to use BASIC!!!

Therefore schools should be forbidden and everybody should be forced
to an IQ below 50?

Stan

Chris Thomasson said:
Lucas J. Riesau said:
Everybody is able to write something in BASIC, while
C++ is so cryptic that only computer geeks can use
it.

[...]

is the statement:

10 PRINT "Hello, World!"

really that different from:

printf("Hello, World!");

I prefer this statement:

cout << ""Hello, World!";

;-)

BobR

Stan wrote in message...
[...]
is the statement:

10 PRINT "Hello, World!"

really that different from:

printf("Hello, World!");

I prefer this statement:

cout << ""Hello, World!";

TestBench.cpp:1756: error: syntax error before `,' token
TestBench.cpp:1756:24: missing terminating " character

Patrick

[...]

Screw it, let's just cut to the case and program in binary... who
needs languages anyways.

No programming should be taught in a programming course, end of
discussion.

(kidding of course)