  1. Xx7

    Xx7 Guest

    Hi, could somebody possibly provide a basic listview example? thanks!
    Xx7, Feb 22, 2013

  2. Xx7

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 2/22/2013 1:03 PM, Xx7 wrote:
    > Hi, could somebody possibly provide a basic listview example? thanks!

    Hi, could you possibly explain what you mean by listview? thanks!

    (There is no such class that I know of.)

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Feb 22, 2013

  3. Xx7

    Xx7 Guest

    Listview example in a GUI
    Xx7, Feb 22, 2013
  4. Xx7

    Xx7 Guest

    Listview example in a GUI
    Xx7, Feb 22, 2013
  5. Xx7

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 2/22/2013 6:36 PM, Xx7 wrote:
    > Listview example in a GUI

    The documentation for each GUI framework should have an example for each
    of its widgets. Specific questions about any framework other than tk
    access though tkinter are probably best directed to framework-specific
    mailing lists.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Feb 22, 2013
  6. On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Xx7 <> wrote:
    > Listview example in a GUI

    Sounds to me like you may be talking about GTK, but I'm not 100% sure
    there. You really need to give a LOT more information. Actually,
    you'll probably find that Google Search has crystal balls every bit as
    good as ours; if you type 'python listview example' and start adding
    keywords to say what sort of example you're looking for, it'll find
    something for you.

    Meanwhile, over at DuckDuckGo, one does not ask whether or not they
    have crystal balls. You instead ask whether they quack like they have
    crystal balls, whether they can swim like they have crystal balls, and
    whether you can type in 'python listview example' and get results like
    they have crystal balls. And the answer is: Yes.

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Feb 23, 2013
  7. Xx7

    Xx7 Guest

    Thanks all!

    I believe C# appears to be a better language for this type of GUI creation. Better Listview Express has a tonne of options.
    Xx7, Feb 24, 2013
  8. Xx7

    Xx7, Feb 24, 2013
  9. On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Xx7 <> wrote:
    > Thanks all!
    >
    > I believe C# appears to be a better language for this type of GUI creation. Better Listview Express has a tonne of options.

    No probs, glad that's settled. I hope that when you ask the C# people
    for help, you provide enough information that they can actually answer
    your questions!

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Feb 24, 2013
  10. On 02/23/2013 07:18 PM, Xx7 wrote:
    > Thanks all!
    >
    > I believe C# appears to be a better language for this type of GUI
    > creation. Better Listview Express has a tonne of options.

    It's a common misconception that a language has anything to do with a
    GUI. I know of at least 3 different GUI frameworks for use with C#.
    WinForms, GTK#, Qt-sharp, WX.net, Cocoa and doubtless dozens others.

    On Python there are numerous toolkits too, such as Tk, Qt, Gtk,
    wxWidgets, and others.

    Additionally each operating system limits your choices too. But most
    GUI toolkits function very similarly. Glad you found something that
    works for you.
    Michael Torrie, Feb 24, 2013
  11. Xx7

    Rick Johnson Guest

    On Friday, February 22, 2013 12:03:30 PM UTC-6, Xx7 wrote:
    > Hi, could somebody possibly provide a basic listview example? thanks!

    Depends on your definition of a "listview".

    We NOW know you want examples of GUI widgets; but /which/ GUI library do you plan on using? If you are not sure which library is best for you, then have a look at this:

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming

    We cannot help you until you provide more "specific" information. Also, don't forget to mention the relevant platform(s).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computing_platform
    Rick Johnson, Feb 25, 2013