    caching is and does. So, how to change the Image without resending the
    entire page?

    Thanks in advance.

    Guadala Harry, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Guadala Harry

    Yoramo Guest

    there is a option to create a client side script that will change the full
    image but it requires you to send all the pictures to the cilent at once,
    witch is undesired!!!

    Yoramo

    "Guadala Harry" <> wrote in message
    > I created a simple "photo album" page; it has a bunch of ImageButton
    > controls that display the thumbnails - and then an Image control that
    > displays the full-sized image when the corresponding thumbnail is clicked.
    > It all works. What I'm wondering is how to get the full-sized image to
    > change (depending on which thumbnail is clicked) *without* the entire page
    > being reloaded. There should be no need to send all the thumbnails down
    > after they have been sent the first time. Output caching the page doesn't
    > help because the full-sized image displayed when the page was originally
    > cached continues to be displayed for the cache duration (regardless of

    which
    > thumbnail is clicked). Of course that behavior would be expected given

    what

    Yoramo, Feb 22, 2004

  3. use 2 frames - display the large image in a frame depending upon which
    thumbnail is selected in the other frame.

    Bryan Donaldson, Feb 23, 2004