BASIC Q - WSDL2Java generated code & SOAP Header

asptyson

Hi,

Apologies if the following is off topic.

I am writing an application that will be deployed into WAS 6.0. The
application will need to consume a SOAP based webservice. I have been
supplied with the WSDL defining the services, and have used the IBM
WSDL2Java utility to generate Java stub classes. All of the XSD defined
elements that appear in the body of the SOAP message have generated
classes. However, this service uses the SOAP header for additional
information - and there are no generated classes for the header
elements.

Considering the following simplified example SOAP request.

<soap:envelope>
<soap:header>
<header:foo/>
</soap:header>
<soap:body>
</soap:body>
</soap:envelope>

In this case the header namespace element (foo) is defined in a
separate XSD from the body namespace elements (bar and blah). The tool
has only generated stub classes for bar and blah. Further there does
not apper to be any way to access the javax.xml.soap.* APIs in the
generated code base to set header info (assuming that the IBM generated
codebase uses SAAJ).

I need to be access the header info , and I am sure that there must be
something that I am doing wrong

I would appreciate any tips that anyone might have.

Thanks and regards,
Andrew