  1. asit

    asit Guest

    Natural trees grow with their roots in the ground and their leaves in the air. why the tree in computer science is portrayed in the reverse manner ??
    asit, Mar 2, 2011

  2. asit <> wrote:
    > Natural trees grow with their roots in the ground and their leaves in the
    > air. why the tree in computer science is portrayed in the reverse manner ??

    Because, if you idly lay under a tree in the sunshine, staring
    holes in the air and pondering new algorithms (at least while
    not dozing), that's just the way the tree looks to you;-)

    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___
    Jens Thoms Toerring, Mar 2, 2011

  3. asit

    Drew Lawson Guest

    In article <>
    writes:
    >Natural trees grow with their roots in the ground and their leaves
    >in the air. why the tree in computer science is portrayed in the
    >reverse manner ??

    Because they are Australian.

    Aside from that, I've seen data trees presented as growing up, down
    or sideways.

    If you are assembling one on a chalk/whiteboard, it is often easier
    to work top to bottom, since that is how most writing procedes. It
    is also a more natural order for reading, at least in western
    languages.

    --
    Drew Lawson | What you own is your own kingdom
    Drew Lawson, Mar 2, 2011