Basic Question. Deploy new Master/Slave (M/S) datastore

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ylodis, Aug 30, 2012.

  1. Ylodis

    Ylodis Guest

    Ylodis, Aug 30, 2012

  2. On 30/08/2012 16:51, Ylodis wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I had an old and deprecated Master/Slave (M/S) datastore
    > and I trying to pass its content to a new Master/Slave (M/S) datastore as is expained here :
    > https://developers.google.com/appen.../migration#Deploying_Your_New_HRD_Application
    >
    > Where it say I have to :
    >
    > "appcfg.py update myapp/"
    >
    > where have I to type that ?

    The facetious answer is the keyboard as this isn't really a Python
    question :) I haven't looked at the link but I assume you need a
    console or terminal window for your OS, that's cmd for Windows for which
    you might need administrator privileges as I've no idea what you're doing.

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.
    Mark Lawrence, Aug 30, 2012

  3. Ylodis

    Ylodis Guest

    I am trying to use a Google public storage that is managed in python.

    I do web developement, I have very litle idea about python, english is not my natural language and as you can see, I am very lost. I do not even now which group cold help me.

    The details of what I want to do are in the link.
    Ylodis, Aug 30, 2012
  4. Ylodis

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 8/30/2012 11:51 AM, Ylodis wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I had an old and deprecated Master/Slave (M/S) datastore
    > and I trying to pass its content to a new Master/Slave (M/S) datastore as is expained here :
    > https://developers.google.com/appen.../migration#Deploying_Your_New_HRD_Application
    >
    > Where it say I have to :
    >
    > "appcfg.py update myapp/"
    >
    > where have I to type that ?

    I have not used app engine, but ...

    Since the action needs to happen on the Google servers, rather than on
    your machine, I would expect that there should be a text box in the
    Administration Console (looking above Deploying Your New ... .

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Aug 30, 2012
  5. Ylodis

    Ylodis Guest

    That is the question, where have I to write, and what have I to write.

    My old acount was tarot-gratis, the new account is tarot-gratis-hrd.

    What have I to write, where Google help says "myapp" ? Where should I write appcfg.py update 'myapp'/

    Ylodis, Aug 30, 2012
  7. On 30/08/2012 23:32, Ylodis wrote:
    > That is the question, where have I to write, and what have I to write.
    >
    > My old acount was tarot-gratis, the new account is tarot-gratis-hrd.
    >
    > What have I to write, where Google help says "myapp" ? Where should I write appcfg.py update 'myapp'/

    Probably where Terry Reedy told you to look some hours ago!!!

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.
    Mark Lawrence, Aug 30, 2012
  8. On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:37:03 -0700 (PDT), Ylodis <>

    > I am trying to use a Google public storage that is managed in python.
    >
    > I do web developement, I have very litle idea about python, english is not my natural language and as you can see, I am very lost. I do not even now which group cold help me.

    Probably a Google AppEngine support group...
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Aug 31, 2012