Basic questions about alert() and confirm()

simplicity

I have some basic questions about alert() and confirm():

(1) Is it possible to customize the labels in the buttons, eg. put
"Yes" instead of "OK"?

(2) Is there a control over the text in the pop-up frame? I would like
to get rid of "Windows Internet Explorer" (IE) or "The page at
http://192.168.22.215:5555 says:" (Firefox) or replace it with
something meaningfull.

(BTW, the text in the frame in Firefox is not even true as the pop-up
does not originate in the server but locally).

I browsed through tens of sites but all I found is one-liners about
both functions. Well... maybe that's all that it is there...

Kailash Nadh

I have some basic questions about alert() and confirm():

(1) Is it possible to customize the labels in the buttons, eg. put
"Yes" instead of "OK"?
Nope, thats not possible.
(2) Is there a control over the text in the pop-up frame? I would like
to get rid of "Windows Internet Explorer" (IE) or "The page athttp://192.168.22.215:5555says:" (Firefox) or replace it with
something meaningfull.
That is not again possible (security reasons). It used to be possible
with IE, not anymore.
(BTW, the text in the frame in Firefox is not even true as the pop-up
does not originate in the server but locally).

I browsed through tens of sites but all I found is one-liners about
both functions. Well... maybe that's all that it is there...

You might want to take a look at Javascript 'modal dialogs'.
http://www.webreference.com/js/column90/

kendalk08

I have some basic questions about alert() and confirm():

(1) Is it possible to customize the labels in the buttons, eg. put
"Yes" instead of "OK"?

(2) Is there a control over the text in the pop-up frame? I would like
to get rid of "Windows Internet Explorer" (IE) or "The page athttp://192.168.22.215:5555says:" (Firefox) or replace it with
something meaningfull.

(BTW, the text in the frame in Firefox is not even true as the pop-up
does not originate in the server but locally).

I browsed through tens of sites but all I found is one-liners about
both functions. Well... maybe that's all that it is there...

It is not possible in Javscript, but if you learn VBScript you will
find that you can. You can also mix Javascript and VBScript to make a
custom page although it is not recomended.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

VivianAranha said:
Even though that is not possible.... you can try this

http://www.subimage.com/dhtml/subModal/

i used this thing so many places.... it works for everything... A
little bit of modification to this script and you will get all teh
controls you need...

That also does not degrade gracefully and so does not conform to
accessibility guidelines and legislation. You are lucky if you
get away with this.

PointedEars