Basic structure of a Game

Discussion in 'Java' started by Snyke, Jan 30, 2007.

  1. Snyke

    Snyke Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm pretty new to developing Web stuff in Java, but me and some
    friends of mine would like to make a little (or maybe not so little)
    game using Java Technologies. I've done quite a lot with scripting
    languages but after reaching a certain size they all became difficult
    to maintain. So that's why we'd like to try using Java.
    Anyway, the idea is to have a simulation, with a workhorse in the
    background, the data is to be persisted in a database (Hibernate might
    be nice here) and a Java Servlet/JSP Frontend (Java Servlets mainly
    for Ajax purposes, JSP for serving data embedded in layout). Nothing
    fancy yet.
    As I mentioned above we are all new to creating Web based applications
    using Java (although not Java, which I've used extensively over the
    last couple of years), and we definitely need some pointers on how to
    structure the application, what must be taken care off, and all the
    things we might overlook, but first of all we need something to get us
    started on the main design.

    Do you know some basic tutorials about how to structure such an
    application?

    Regards,
    Chris

    Snyke, Jan 30, 2007