    graphics display but the only way I can get this to work is by writing a
    temporary image file to disk, in other words, by giving the ASP.Net Machine
    Account Write permission. Is this a Bad Idea and if so, why?
    B. Chernick, Dec 26, 2005

  2. B. Chernick

    Brock Allen Guest

    You can generate images in memory and then stream them out to the response:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/04/CuttingEdge/default.aspx

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Dec 27, 2005

  3. B. Chernick

    B. Chernick Guest

    Thanks! (Actually I just figured out the basics this morning, about 5
    seconds after hitting the Send button on yet another stupid question.)
    Seriously, that technique of putting a web page link in the ImageURL is not
    well covered in the basic training material.

    B. Chernick, Dec 27, 2005