Basic Web Service Prob

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by JJ, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Hi,

    Ok I uninstalled WSE2.0 sp3 and still get the same error in proxy file from
    web service.

    I have a web service thats local and created a web ref called lh1.
    At the top of my win form where I call the web ref is this:
    using EMS.lh1;

    private static lh1.EMS1 wsHrs = new lh1.EMS1();

    When I enter win form that has the call to the web service it bombs at:
    public EMS1() {
    this.Url = "http://localhost/WSEMS1/EMS1.asmx"; <-- This line
    }

    This line is located in the proxy file generated by my web reference.

    This is what the top of my proxy file code looks like, I added nothing to
    it:

    [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()]

    [System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("code")]

    [System.Web.Services.WebServiceBindingAttribute(Name="EMS1Soap",
    Namespace="http://tempuri.org/")]

    public class EMS1 : System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol {

    /// <remarks/>

    public EMS1() {

    this.Url = "http://localhost/WSEMS1/EMS1.asmx";

    }

    Following Error is: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is
    'NAME'

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,

    JJ