Basics to extend the any control?

Vishal

Hello

I would like to know what methods/events I have to
override to extend any webserver control. I actually need
to extend the datagrid control, but the basics should be
same for all, right? What are the basic required events,
which I have to insert for each control? I have never
created my own web server control. But I do need one. Any
help is very appreciated.

Thanks

Vishal

Thanks for those links, but the SuperDataGrid seems to
come only as a dll and I guess that the source code is
only available in the book. Let me explain what I tried so
far. I extended the datagrid web server control, with some
functions and methods. Overall it works, but the problem
is now that when I call the MyCustomDatagrid.columns.count
() from my webform then it is always 0. Although I can see
the columns very clearly in IE. Can you help me out and
tell me please what I am missing here? I would really
appreciate any help, since I am stuck with this.

Thanks