Battleship in RMI

KDawg44

Hello,

I am reimplementing my distributed battleship game in RMI (you may
remember me on here when I was doing it with Sockets a couple of weeks
ago).

SInce i am changing from Sockets to RMI, should I

a.) Allow a bunch of remote methods to be run or
b.) Allow a few methods to be run which in turn use my other methods
to check shot attempts locally at the server and client.

b seems like less work and would seem to use the connection the
least. is there a best practice? (I hope my question is clear).

Second, in my socket implementation, the server waits for a shot
attempt from the client, if it hits and has sunk all the ships then
the game is over but if not, then the server fires back, then goes
back to seeing waiting for the client's next shot.

How do I do this alternating shots with RMI?

Thanks very much for any help.