BBCode Converter

Matthias S.

hi there,

i'm desperately looking for an HTML to BBCode (and vice versa) converter,
either as a COM component or vbScript for use in an ASP (not .NET)
web-application. i sure could write one on my own, but my vbscript/COM
skills are a little rusty since I work with C# and .Net for almost the last
decade.

does anyone know of something or has a snippet of code in his/her bottom
drawer? any hint/help is greatly appreciated.

cheers!

Matthias S.

Thanks for the hint. I've done this already and since the results were
either for php or javascript, I'm on my way of roling my own parser. I was
just wondering, if there is something prebuilt out there. I don't want to
reinvent the wheel twice a day and the issue looks like something, a lot of
people come along. It's not that exotic, is it?

Anthony Jones

Matthias S. said:
Thanks for the hint. I've done this already and since the results were
either for php or javascript, I'm on my way of roling my own parser. I was
just wondering, if there is something prebuilt out there. I don't want to
reinvent the wheel twice a day and the issue looks like something, a lot of
people come along. It's not that exotic, is it?

What's BBCode??

Matthias S.

bulletin board code

used in many forum board... looks like for bold text for example...

Mike Brind

McKirahan said:
Matthias S. said:
bulletin board code

[snip]

Do you just want to replace [ and ] with < and > ?

A couple of uses of Replace() would do it.

BBCode uses a bunch of non-standard tags such as ,
Code:
, [big] etc.
Personally, I'd look at implementing a basic rich text editor instead.  I
like the one here: tinymce.moxiecode.com[/URL]