BC30466: Namespace or type 'test' for the Imports 'test' cannot be found.

Sting

I had a working .net program

I've re-installed XP (defective harddisk).
and now i keep getting
BC30466: Namespace or type 'test' for the Imports 'test' cannot be found.

The assembly is called test.vb, compiled to test.dll
The namespace is called "test"
This is the import:
<%@ Import Namespace="test" %>

The dll resides in the bin directory.

XP sp1
IIS 5.1
..net v1.1.4322

Help?

Sting

What is csc?

Where do I put the /reference?
In the vb-source of the assembly, or the aspx-code?

Sting

Natty Gur

Hi,

If you not using VS you certainly using vbs or csc, which are compilers
for vb or C#. You are running vbs from command line and you need to use
/reference to add reference assemblies. Consult documentation for the
right syntax.

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur