BC30466: Namespace or type 'test' for the Imports 'test' cannot be found.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sting, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. Sting

    Sting Guest

    I had a working .net program

    I've re-installed XP (defective harddisk).
    and now i keep getting
    BC30466: Namespace or type 'test' for the Imports 'test' cannot be found.

    The assembly is called test.vb, compiled to test.dll
    The namespace is called "test"
    This is the import:
    <%@ Import Namespace="test" %>

    The dll resides in the bin directory.

    XP sp1
    IIS 5.1
    ..net v1.1.4322

    Help?
    Sting, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Sting

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    you need to make reference to test.dll.

    Project menu -> Add reference...

    HTH

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Sting

    Sting Guest

    Sorry,
    forgot to mention:
    no devtool.
    just notpad (ok html-kit ;))

    Sting, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Sting

    Natty Gur Guest

    Natty Gur, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Sting

    Sting Guest

    What is csc?

    Where do I put the /reference?
    In the vb-source of the assembly, or the aspx-code?

    Sting

    Sting, Jun 8, 2004
  6. Sting

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    If you not using VS you certainly using vbs or csc, which are compilers
    for vb or C#. You are running vbs from command line and you need to use
    /reference to add reference assemblies. Consult documentation for the
    right syntax.

    HTH

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur