BC31019: Unable to write to output file error after installing .net framework

ewoiruweo

After installing .net framework on a 2000 server for the first time
this message appears when trying to open a basic default.aspx page:

BC31019: Unable to write to output file
'C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\0eba2c7d\6b9c3e33\xoa7-gmz.dll': System Error &H80070005&

Doesn't matter which aspx file we open, we always get this message.
Have tried downloading the .net framework and reinstalling again but
still get this message. I have the latest mdac installed.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

Thanks,
Mike