Bcc & C

Martin Boulte

Hi, good morning.

Is there any body to explain me why when I compile with bcc55 a .c file I
get :

error 2194 : impossible to fin httpc.cpp file

Obvious, because I compile only .c file, does bcc deals exclusively with
main() cpp ?

mmquan

Hi, good afternoon.
impossible! c++ compilers usually can compile c programs. And I think
this should because of some settings of your compiler.
BTW, what's the relationship between httpc.cpp and a.c? I believe you
did never compile your a.c although it seems to!
Good luck ^_^

Martin Boulte

I compile a ile whose name is httpc.c and the error is :

error 2194 : impossible to fin httpc.cpp file

Horst Kraemer

Martin Boulte said:
I compile a ile whose name is httpc.c and the error is :

error 2194 : impossible to fin httpc.cpp file

Then you forgot to give the extension.

bcc32 -c httpc.c

If you only say

bcc32 -c httpc

the compiler assumes that you mean httpc.cpp

Christopher Benson-Manica

Martin Boulte said:
Is there any body to explain me why when I compile with bcc55 a .c file I
get :
error 2194 : impossible to fin httpc.cpp file

Sounds like a misconfiguration of your compiler. That compiler is not
on topic for this group; however, the news server
newsgroups.borland.com has the group
borland.public.cppbuilder.commandlinetools, which may be an excellent
place to ask your question.

Keith Thompson

Christopher Benson-Manica said:
Sounds like a misconfiguration of your compiler. That compiler is not
on topic for this group; however, the news server
newsgroups.borland.com has the group
borland.public.cppbuilder.commandlinetools, which may be an excellent
place to ask your question.

And when you ask there, be more explicit. Show them the exact command
line you tried to use, and cut-and-paste the exact error message.
Don't try to re-type it (I doubt that a misspelling like "fin" for
"find" would occur in a released product).