    the appropriate taps are.

    Anyone done this already?

    Regards, Kev P.

    Niv (KP), Jun 26, 2009

  2. Niv (KP)

    HT-Lab Guest

    "Niv (KP)" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking at a paper owhich talks about BCH(256,16,113) code. I
    > think it is some form of CRC, but acn't find any details on how to
    > implement in VHDL. If it is just a CRC variant, I'd like to know what
    > the appropriate taps are.
    >
    > Anyone done this already?
    >
    > Regards, Kev P.

    It is far more complex than your ordinary CRC,

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCH_code

    Galois Fields mathematics is a good place to start :)

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Jun 26, 2009

  3. Niv (KP)

    Niv (KP) Guest

    On 26 June, 10:16, "HT-Lab" <> wrote:
    > "Niv (KP)" <> wrote in message

    > > I'm looking at a paper owhich talks about BCH(256,16,113) code.  I
    > > think it is some form of CRC, but acn't find any details on how to
    > > implement in VHDL.  If it is just a CRC variant, I'd like to know what
    > > the appropriate taps are.

    > > Anyone done this already?

    > > Regards, Kev P.

    > It is far more complex than your ordinary CRC,
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCH_code
    >
    > Galois Fields mathematics is a good place to start :)
    >
    > Hanswww.ht-lab.com

    Yes, I've tried, but it's fairly heavy going, mostly above my head;
    haven't done any serious math since uni, and that was long, long ago,
    in a galaxy......!!

    KP.

    Niv (KP), Jun 26, 2009
  4. Niv (KP)

    Symon Guest

    Niv (KP) wrote:

    > Yes, I've tried, but it's fairly heavy going, mostly above my head;
    > haven't done any serious math since uni, and that was long, long ago,
    > in a galaxy......!!
    >
    > KP.

    To remind yourself about GF arithmetic, have a read of a textbook or two,
    maybe Lin and Costello would be a good place to start. Also, xapp371 might
    give you some insight.
    HTH, Syms.

    Symon, Jun 29, 2009