Be Paid to Attend PyCon 2007!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jeff Rush, Sep 28, 2006.

  1. Jeff Rush

    Jeff Rush Guest

    PyCon 2007, to be held in Dallas at the same location as in 2006, is coming up
    and we need instructors to fill Tutorial Day on Feb 22. Last year we had
    tutorials for:

    Python 102
    Internet Programming with Python
    Getting Started with wxPython
    Text & Data Processing
    Plone Rapid Bootcamp
    Using Databases with Python
    A Game-Free Introduction to PyGame
    Getting Started with the Twisted Framework
    Agile Development and Testing in Python

    Classes are half-day affairs (3-hours with a 15-min break) and net the
    instructor $500-$1500 (depending upon enrollment). One or two of those would
    easily cover your expenses for attending PyCon and then some. And since
    tutorials are held the day BEFORE the main conference, you won't miss any
    talks either.

    Tutorials have more stringent requirements than talks, often providing class
    handouts and finely tuned presentations. For this reason we want the best.

    And if you're short on topic ideas, or a potential student who would like a
    specific topic covered, check out our wiki page at

    http://us.pycon.org/TX2007/TalkIdeas

    Instructors, email your (plain text) proposals, 250 to 1000 words long, to
    <>. The deadline for submissions is _Nov 15_ with an
    acceptance decision by Nov 22. Your proposal should cover:

    * Instructor name(s)
    * Contact Information
    * Summary of proposed presentation
    * Presentation outline
    * Intended audience (non-programmers, beginning programmers,
    advanced users, core Python developers, etc.)
    * (Recommended) At least one previous presentation/teaching
    engagement reference

    So get cranking and let us see your best.

    Jeff Rush
    PyCon 2007 Co-Chair

    Jeff Rush, Sep 28, 2006