<beans> and struts basics

Discussion in 'Java' started by john butorac, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. john butorac

    john butorac Guest

    Description;

    Currently the application is returning to the jsp a string which I
    would like to parse. In the application I have something similiar to
    the following:

    <logic:iterate id="expCatTrn" name="expCategory"
    property="transactions">
    />
    </logic:iterate>

    The statement <bean:write name="expCatTrn" property="transaction" />
    brings back a string which I would like to parse (ie: Account 1234).
    I would like to be able to parse the string so that I can display it
    differently (ie: ACCOUNT<br>1234). I was told that I could use
    <bean:define and then <bean:write to do this, but I haven't been able
    to figure out how. Can anyone help?

    Thanks-
    John
    john butorac, Apr 14, 2004