Beans: Simple beginner's question

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sveta, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. Sveta

    Sveta Guest

    Hello,

    I am totally novice to Java and trying to teach myself the language (which
    doesn't seem to work well).

    I have created a bean called BC_Table. I then use it in a dialog 10 times
    (in 10 different Cards of a StackCard) as TableBean1, TableBean2, TableBean3
    etc (my GUI IDE doesn't allow me to set it as an array at this stage).

    To be able to use these TableBeans easier, I had created an array of
    BC_Table as:

    BC_Table [] dummyBean=new BC_Table[stackCardNo];

    How can I make dummyBean [] always update its values according to those of
    TableBean1, TableBean2 etc
    *and vice versa* -I want to use the array for all bean's "set" methods for
    convenience then update TableBean1 etc- ??

    (I had tried to create a method in which I was doing something like
    dummyBean[0]=TableBean1; etc
    but this doesn't seem to work. Also I am not sure if and how I could use
    clone in this case).

    Thanks in advance and sorry for the ignorant's question.

    Svet
    Sveta, Jun 6, 2004

  2. On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:15:39 +0100, Sveta wrote:

    > I am totally novice to Java and trying to teach myself the language (which
    > doesn't seem to work well).

    You will find lots of friendly people who
    will help you through the early stages here..

    [ Hope I got that URL right, my system is naff
    at the moment and I could not check it.. ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Jun 6, 2004