Beer & Pizza SIG; 8 pm, 10/26, San Francisco, CA, USA

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Rich Morin, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. Rich Morin

    Rich Morin Guest

    [ Because some SF Bay Area Rubyists and Railers don't hang out on
    ba-rb (and why not?!?), I'm sending this reminder to all three
    lists. As noted, I'd like RSVPs on this event, so that I can
    tell the restaurant (about) how many folks to expect. -r
    ]

    In the spirit of Bay Area Debian's "SHOTGUN RULES FOR BAD MEETINGS"
    (http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt), I am calling yet another
    meeting of the Bay Area Ruby Beer & Pizza SIG. No program; just a
    way for folks to get together and chat about Ruby, Rails, etc.

    Note: Ruby appeals to a broad spectrum of programmers. Your dinner
    companions may speak any of a variety of languages, including C++,
    Perl, PHP, Python, Scheme, and Smalltalk. At the same time, they
    may well be struggling to learn about Rails, Ruby, SQL, etc. So,
    expect diversity...

    At the last meeting, several folks brought laptops. Given that the
    upcoming venue has free wifi, this seems even more appropriate! In
    fact, the restaurant has promised to provide a power outlet near the
    table, so if anyone can bring a largish LCD monitor, let me know!

    Beer and Pizza SIG

    RSVP: An RSVP would be appreciated, so that I can tell
    the restaurant folks what to expect. OTOH, feel
    free to just show up and look for a sign. :)

    Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2005

    Time: 8:00 p.m.

    Place: South Beach Cafe, 800 The Embarcadero
    (just past the end of Townsend, at King)
    San Francisco, California, USA

    http://local.google.com/local?outpu...tlng=37630556,-122410000,10934445030027146126

    Food: Cafe, Italian Trattoria, Pizzeria; free wifi

    Parking: Unless there's a monster baseball game, parking should
    be no problem after 6 pm.

    BART: Be prepared for a bit of a crowd, as this is the end of
    the prime commute time. Get off at the Embarcadero station. Within
    the station, exit BART, enter MUNI, and catch the N (inbound).
    Get off at the train station.

    Caltrain: (Don't take Caltrain if you can avoid it. Trains run back
    at 10:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. only!)

    From the train station, walk Northeast on King to the restaurant.

    -r
    --
    email: ; phone: +1 650-873-7841
    http://www.cfcl.com - Canta Forda Computer Laboratory

    Rich Morin, Oct 18, 2005

  2. Rich Morin wrote:
    > Parking: Unless there's a monster baseball game, parking should
    > be no problem after 6 pm.

    The Monsters only play in Monster Park (formerly Candlestick ;) and
    anyway SF is done with baseball for a while, so the transit-impaired
    should have little difficulty.

    Beer+Pizza+Ruby =~ Fun... I'll try to make it this time!

    Joel VanderWerf, Oct 18, 2005

  3. Rich Morin wrote:
    > Place: South Beach Cafe, 800 The Embarcadero

    http://www.southbeachcafe.us/

    If the food is good, maybe we can design them a better web site (even I
    could do better than that).

    If the food is bad (really bad), we can take them up on their
    recommendations of personal injury lawyers.

    Joel VanderWerf, Oct 18, 2005