    Mike
    http://www.ccnote.com
    Have a look.
    Mike, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Mike

    Richard Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > I have a web site www.ccnote.com it collects the most popular web
    > sites.
    > At the moment, I haven't put graphics in it(except 1 pixel gif and
    > google
    > logo) as I concern the download time. Are there any way I can put a
    > text
    > based link and then after the image download complete and replace the
    > text
    > link. So, even have slow bandwidth, the visitor can still get a
    > functional
    > web page. Or, can we detect the image download completion ?

    > Many thanks.

    > Mike
    > http://www.ccnote.com
    > Have a look.

    boring boring boring. just another sampling of websites of major companies
    everybody has been to a dozen times a day.
    not exactly anything new or unique.
    Richard, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Mike

    Safalra Guest

    "Mike" <cannotbeanywhere(at)hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3f92eaff$0$10962$>...
    > I have a web site www.ccnote.com it collects the most popular web sites.
    > At the moment, I haven't put graphics in it(except 1 pixel gif and google
    > logo) as I concern the download time. Are there any way I can put a text
    > based link and then after the image download complete and replace the text
    > link.

    If the image is a link and you've put sensible alt-text, in most
    browsers the visitor will see a text link until the image has been
    downloaded.

    --- Stephen Morley ---
    http://www.safalra.com
    Safalra, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Richard wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    >> I have a web site ...

    > boring boring boring ...

    Pot --> Kettle --> Black.

    --

    Badgers! We don't need no stinking Badgers.

    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Oct 20, 2003
  5. Mike

    Mike Ji Guest

    "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Mike wrote:
    >

    > boring boring boring. just another sampling of websites of major companies
    > everybody has been to a dozen times a day.
    > not exactly anything new or unique.

    Don't comment too early. The major companies appeared on
    www.ccnote.com 's front page were hand picked by traffic and other
    criteria. Just because so many people use it a dozen times a day,
    makes this site unique. You just need one click to go to your
    favorites site(IE's favorites/Or Netscape Bookmark is useful, but is
    not that flexible). You don't need to type in so many different web
    site(some is difficult to remember).
    For example, many people may both have hotmail and yahoo email. From
    ccnote.com, just one click you can go to there.
    If you want to compare Financel news Just click Bloomberg or
    WallStreet Journal, or FT. Also calendar 2003/2004& tools. When you
    are not use your computer,you can still go to the most popular web
    sites in one go.

    Sorry to bother others. I know this is not the news group to talk
    about my web site.

    Mike
    http://www.ccnote.com
    Have a look.