Before Image show in the browser

Mike

I have a web site www.ccnote.com it collects the most popular web sites.
At the moment, I haven't put graphics in it(except 1 pixel gif and google
logo) as I concern the download time. Are there any way I can put a text
based link and then after the image download complete and replace the text
link. So, even have slow bandwidth, the visitor can still get a functional
web page. Or, can we detect the image download completion ?

Many thanks.

Mike
http://www.ccnote.com
Have a look.

Richard

Mike wrote:

I have a web site www.ccnote.com it collects the most popular web
sites.
At the moment, I haven't put graphics in it(except 1 pixel gif and
google
logo) as I concern the download time. Are there any way I can put a
text
based link and then after the image download complete and replace the
text
link. So, even have slow bandwidth, the visitor can still get a
functional
web page. Or, can we detect the image download completion ?

Many thanks.

Mike
http://www.ccnote.com
Have a look.

boring boring boring. just another sampling of websites of major companies
everybody has been to a dozen times a day.
not exactly anything new or unique.

Safalra

Mike said:
I have a web site www.ccnote.com it collects the most popular web sites.
At the moment, I haven't put graphics in it(except 1 pixel gif and google
logo) as I concern the download time. Are there any way I can put a text
based link and then after the image download complete and replace the text
link.

If the image is a link and you've put sensible alt-text, in most
browsers the visitor will see a text link until the image has been
downloaded.

--- Stephen Morley ---
http://www.safalra.com

Mike Ji

Richard said:
Mike wrote:

boring boring boring. just another sampling of websites of major companies
everybody has been to a dozen times a day.
not exactly anything new or unique.

Don't comment too early. The major companies appeared on
www.ccnote.com 's front page were hand picked by traffic and other
criteria. Just because so many people use it a dozen times a day,
makes this site unique. You just need one click to go to your
favorites site(IE's favorites/Or Netscape Bookmark is useful, but is
not that flexible). You don't need to type in so many different web
site(some is difficult to remember).
For example, many people may both have hotmail and yahoo email. From
ccnote.com, just one click you can go to there.
If you want to compare Financel news Just click Bloomberg or
WallStreet Journal, or FT. Also calendar 2003/2004& tools. When you
are not use your computer,you can still go to the most popular web
sites in one go.

Sorry to bother others. I know this is not the news group to talk
about my web site.

Mike
http://www.ccnote.com
Have a look.