Begginer Question about TK::filevent

Discussion in 'Perl' started by dhillon2004, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. dhillon2004

    dhillon2004 Guest

    Hello All,
    I am beginer in Perl. I am trying a serial port data logging
    application.
    Requirement of my application is that it should be capable of
    receiving and transmitting on same or diffrent ports depending on the
    options.
    I transmit 34 Bytes of data and would receive 34 bytes of data in
    return. Now the problem is that I have to time stamp the packet on the
    receive side whenever comlete pkt is received.
    I am on windows XP machine and I have Active State Perl 5.8
    I am using win32::serialPort pm for configuration setup.
    I am trying to use Tk::filevent to iniatiate a call back whenever my
    Serial port becomes readable.
    But i am getting an error "Not a Glob reference in IO pm"
    I have given the follwoing command:

    $mw->fileevent($ob, 'readable', \&read_comport);
    $mw is an my mainwindow instance
    $ob is the object of my comport.
    I wish to call &read_comport whenever my comport becomes readable
    But i get the above error as mentioned above and my program quits.

    I am doing right.
    Can the object $ob be passed as fileHandle to fileevent??
    or I am interprating something wrong!!
    Your help would behighly apprecaited!!
    Thanks a lot in advance!!

    Sincerely,