    object?
    Thanks,

    Jim
    Jim Davis, Jun 9, 2004

  2. "Jim Davis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have an app that makes an async web request using
    > WebRequest.BeginGetResponse.
    > On windows 2000 and Windows 2003 it works without needing a
    > NetworkCredential object.
    >
    > On Windows XP (dev box for several folks) it fails unless a
    > NetworkCredential object is supplied. The directory of the app being

    called
    > has Read Execute permissions for the Everyone group.
    >
    > Any ideas how to get this to work without using the NetworkCredential
    > object?

    I would be surprised to find that the operating system is the reason you
    need the NetworkCredential object. Look to see if there is some other
    difference between the XP box and the Windows 2000 and 2003 boxes. Like,
    maybe the XP box is in a different domain?
    --
    John Saunders
    johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
    John Saunders, Jun 9, 2004