beginner java help

karatev123

* You will be creating a cell phone application with two class
files, the CellPhone class which dials cell phone numbers entered by a
user or numbers entered into memory; and the Memory class which
assigns and returns nine (9) phone numbers stored in memory.

* The outline for the Memory class is displayed below:

// Enter your own comments including your name and the due date
here

public class Memory
{
// Instance variables for up to nine (9) phone numbers in
memory

private String memory1;
private String memory2;
private String memory3;
private String memory4;
private String memory5;
private String memory6;
private String memory7;
private String memory8;
private String memory9;

public Memory()
{
// No statements required as all Strings for the object
are initialized to an empty string
// When instantiated there are no phone numbers stored in
memory
}

// Add the other two (2) methods here ...

}

* Add a new void mutator method storeMemory() to the 'Memory'
class that stores a phone number into one of the memory fields; this
method takes two parameters: (1) memoryDigit, an int, which is the
location in which the phone number is to be stored (valid values are 1
through 9); and (2) memoryNumber, a String, the phone number to be
stored; use "if" testing for memoryDigit and store the phone number as
follows: if memoryDigit = 1, assign memoryNumber into the memory1
field; if memoryDigit = 2, assign memoryNumber into the memory2 field;
etc.; if memoryDigit is not a value between 1 and 9, do not store the
phoneNumber but display an error message to the terminal window

* Add a new accessor method getMemory() of type String to the
'Memory' class that retrieves a phone number from one of the memory
fields; this method takes a single parameter memoryDigit, an int,
which is the location from which the phone number is to be retrieved
(valid values are 1 through 9); if memoryDigit = 1 return the value
stored in the memory1 field, if memoryDigit = 2 return the value
stored in the memory2 field, etc.; if memoryDigit is not a value
between 1 and 9, return an empty string and display an error message
to the terminal window

* The outline for the CellPhone class is displayed below:

// Enter your own comments including your name and the due date
here

public class CellPhone
{

// Instance variables

private String phoneNumber; // The phone number to be dialed
private Memory mem; // Object instantiated from class
Memory to store memory phone numbers

public CellPhone()
{
// Write the code to instantiate a new object 'mem' from
the Memory class
// Initialize the phoneNumber field to an empty string
}

// Add the other five (5) methods here ...

}

* Add a new void mutator method setPhoneNumber() to the
'CellPhone' class that stores a string to the phoneNumber field; this
method takes a single parameter phoneNumber, a String, which is
assigned to the phoneNumber field.

* Add a new void mutator method setToMemory() to the 'CellPhone'
class that stores a string to one of the memory fields stored in the
mem object instantiated from the 'Memory' class; this method takes two
parameters: (1) memoryDigit, an int, which is the location in which
the phone number is to be stored; and (2) memoryNumber, a String, the
phone number to be stored; both of these parameter variables are
passed in a call to the storeMemory method of the 'Memory' class.

* Add a new void mutator method getFromMemory() to the 'CellPhone'
class that stores a string to the phoneNumber field; this method takes
a single parameter memoryDigit, an int, which is the location in the
mem object of the class 'Memory' from which the phone number is to be
retrieved; the method calls the getMemory method of the 'Memory'
class; if the return value is not an empty string assign it to the
field phoneNumber.

* Add a new accessor method getPhoneNumber() of type String to the
'CellPhone' class that returns the phoneNumber field.

* Add a new accessor method connect() of type String to the
'CellPhone' class; if the current value of the field phoneNumber =
empty string, return a string message asking the user to dial a number
first (to call either setPhoneNumber or getFromMemory method); if the
current value of the field phoneNumber != empty string, return the
phoneNumber field by calling its accessor method.

Jeff Higgins

* You will be creating a cell phone application with two class
files, the CellPhone class which dials cell phone numbers entered by a
user or numbers entered into memory; and the Memory class which
assigns and returns nine (9) phone numbers stored in memory.
Thank you karatev123. Please consider contributing to the free, open
source, Wikibook; Java Programming, located here:
<http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Programming>

Roedy Green

* You will be creating a cell phone application

You just violated the prime directive. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Joshua Cranmer

* You will be creating a cell phone application with two class

I would be happy to do your homework for you under the following conditions:
* I am reimbursed at no less than my normal hourly wages, and preferably
at a much higher rate
* I am given the complete assignment instructions
* I am given contact details for the professor so I may inform him or
her that the student has attempted to have others complete the
assignment instead of doing it him/herself
* You sign an agreement saying that you understand that contracting out
the assignment is often considered cheating in most educational
constructs and I am ethically obliged to notify the professor of such an
incident
* I retain the right to abrogate the contract at any time, for any
reason, without penalty, and without prior notice.

markspace

* The outline for the Memory class is displayed below:

Slightly less sarcastically:

1. Ask your professor, TAs, and classmates these questions. It's
important for your professor to get feedback from his or her students
how they are progressing with each assignment.

2. Speaking of questions, I didn't see any. When asking for help, it's
usual to put some effort in first and then to present the project as you
have it, rather than simply copying and pasting your professor's
assignment verbatim.

Jeff Higgins

Slightly less sarcastically:

1. Ask your professor, TAs, and classmates these questions. It's
important for your professor to get feedback from his or her students
how they are progressing with each assignment.

2. Speaking of questions, I didn't see any. When asking for help, it's
usual to put some effort in first and then to present the project as you
have it, rather than simply copying and pasting your professor's
assignment verbatim.

Funny. I read the OP as an offer of help, sort of an instructor offering
up an assignment, rather than a request for help. Given the opposite
reading I am sure my response would be taken for sarcastic. It wasn't
intended that way. I seem to be outnumbered in my interpretation.