Beginner question

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by tvr, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. tvr

    tvr Guest

    Hi,

    I have an odd problem.
    The updates on my asp files are not reflected
    in the browser.

    Till recently everything was working fine.

    Today I installed new updates on my windows 2000. After all the cached
    asp contents are appearing and the updates are not getting refreshed.
    I dont know if this is becoz of the updates on my OS.

    I had a file addfield.asp. It was working fine, I made some
    changes and they worked. But after that my updates are not reflected.

    If I rename the file to addfield1.asp. I am getting the desired
    results.
    Again if I change the contents of this file, they are not appearing.

    What could be the problem? Is it the windows update I made.....

    Thanks in advance

    tvr

    tvr, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Try putting

    Response.Expires = 0

    at the top of the asp code (after option explicit). This will force the page
    not to be cached.

    You might also try changing the caching settings in control panel ->
    internet options, i think its under the temporary files settings section.

    Hope that helps.

    Damien Phillips, Nov 14, 2003

  3. tvr

    Evertjan. Guest

    Damien Phillips wrote on 14 nov 2003 in

    > Try putting
    >
    > Response.Expires = 0
    >
    > at the top of the asp code (after option explicit). This will force
    > the page not to be cached.
    >
    > You might also try changing the caching settings in control panel ->
    > internet options, i think its under the temporary files settings
    > section.
    >
    > Hope that helps.

    Just press F5, reload.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 14, 2003
  4. http://www.aspfaq.com/2022

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Nov 14, 2003
  5. tvr

    Jeff Clark Guest

    No no no people. we have to update our stock answers that we sluff off to
    people.

    After that update, you have to go into IIS and turn off caching for asp
    pages

    iis properties / home directory / configuration button /

    under mappings tab uncheck "cache ISAPI extensions"

    Jeff Clark, Nov 14, 2003
  6. tvr

    tvr Guest

    Guys,

    Thanks for your responses.
    One more thing I found recently was that
    the problem was with asp files in one particular folder not others.

    Any thoughts????????????

    tvr

    tvr, Nov 16, 2003