beginner

dsf

Hello,
I recently purchased x2s_usb board which is a sparten fpga along with a usb
connection for communication. I was wondering what is a good book to start
with that will allow me to learn how to simulate different sized registers
(8bit to 32bit) within the fpga so I can use some of the built in functions
of the fpga such as addition. Basically a recommendation to a beginners
guide. Thanks.

Roadie Roger

dsf said:
Hello,
I recently purchased x2s_usb board which is a sparten fpga along with a usb
connection for communication. I was wondering what is a good book to start
with that will allow me to learn how to simulate different sized registers
(8bit to 32bit) within the fpga so I can use some of the built in functions
of the fpga such as addition. Basically a recommendation to a beginners
guide. Thanks.

Actel has a nice guide that walks through register types (1mb .pdf)
<http://www.actel.com/documents/hdlcode.pdf>

Happy Learning!
Roadie Roger
<http://home.earthlink.net/~roadieroger/index.htm>