Beginner's ASP.NET problem...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgV2hpdGZpZWxk?=, Dec 11, 2004.

  1. Hi All - I am an experienced ASP programmer but am a novice (that's being
    generous) at ASP.NET. Anyhow, I am trying to learn it but am already running
    into snags. I am trying to execute some simple sample code in a text file
    called 'Test.aspx' but when I run the code it doesn't seem like the code is
    getting processed by my IIS. I know my IIS is running because when I do
    simple asp code like <%response.write "Test"%> the server processes that into
    html.

    Can someone offer any ideas? Below is the code I am trying to run. Only
    the embedded html displays on the page and when I view source, the source
    code is exactly the same as what's printed below.

    <%@ Page Language="VB"%>

    <script runat="server">
    Sub tbMessage_Change(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
    lblMessage.Text = "Hello " + tbMessage.Text
    End Sub
    </script>

    <% Response.Write("Our First Page<p>") %>

    <form runat="server">
    Please enter your name:
    <asp:textbox id="tbMessage"
    OnTextChanged="tbMessage_Change"
    runat=server/>
    <asp:button id="btSubmit" Text="Submit"
    runat=server/><p>
    <asp:lable id="lblMessage" font-size="20pt"
    runat=server/>
    </form>

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgV2hpdGZpZWxk?=, Dec 11, 2004

  2. It sounds like you need to repair your IIS mappings.
    Here's the instructions on how to do that:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q306005

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "David Whitfield" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Dec 11, 2004

  3. That solved the problem. Thank you much.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgV2hpdGZpZWxk?=, Dec 14, 2004