Beginner's Python development questions

Åukasz DÄ…bek

Hello!

I'm newcomer to Python development and I have some questions (I didn't
found answers for these):
1. Some bugs at bugs.python.org are assigned but it didn't changed
for many months (example: http://bugs.python.org/issue1692335). Is
that bugs closed (maybe somebody forgot to close it on website?), work
in progress or other?
2. Is Python 2.5 still developed?
3. Is this good mailing list for such questions?

Sorry for my English - it isn't my native language :)

Greetings, Åukasz.

Lie

Hello!

I'm newcomer to Python development and I have some questions (I didn't
found answers for these):
    1. Some bugs at bugs.python.org are assigned but it didn't changed
for many months (example:http://bugs.python.org/issue1692335). Is
that bugs closed (maybe somebody forgot to close it on website?), work
in progress or other?

Because python is an free, open source software, there is no guarantee
when a bug would be fixed, the only thing close to a guarantee is if
you send a patch.
    2. Is Python 2.5 still developed?

The development front for Python is 2.6 trunk and py3k trunk, I don't
know if 2.5.x is still being developed though 2.6 betas and 3.0's
betas are being released.
    3. Is this good mailing list for such questions?

To some extent, yes, this mailing list is best for meeting with people
who develops with python not develops python itself. Another list you
might be interested is the python-dev mailing list, which is
specifically for development of python itself.