Beginner's question about Java Web Start

veegnu

Hello group,

I am working on an application which accepts data from a text file,
formats and displays it. So far we have used an applet for this. I am
considering using Java Web Start for this.

The text file is generated and stored on the server. My question is :
Is it possible to pass this text file for viewing on to the
application launched using web start?

Regards
vkj

Roedy Green

The text file is generated and stored on the server. My question is :
Is it possible to pass this text file for viewing on to the
application launched using web start?

Sure. Webstart is just an application. It can do anything an normal
Java app can do. It just does a GET to the server or sends in a
transaction to your Servlet engine.

see http://mindprod.com/products1.html#HTTP