    how do i begin?
    are there some good sites?
    thanks.

    dirk, Sep 9, 2005

  2. dirk

    Dag Sunde Guest

    "dirk" <dd> wrote in message
    news:4321410e$0$10956$...
    > Hello,
    > i gave made some code in VBA for Excel.
    > i want to make a webpage with the same examples as my excel file, so i
    > think
    > i will need javascript (serverside?)
    > how do i begin?
    > are there some good sites?

    Are we to understand that you want a web page that shows/execute
    som mathematical calculations based on some user input?

    You can do this serverside in any language supported by your
    webserver by posting the form with the input-values back to
    your server-script, let it do the calculations and generate
    the result page back to the browser.

    If you do it serverside I suggest using IIS, since you obviously
    are familiar with VBA witch are very close to VBScript. ASP pages
    can be coded in VB-Script.

    Or... You can choos to write all your calculations in JavaScript
    as functions in the web-page itself, and do all of the work in
    the users browser (clientside).

    If you choose the last alternative (I would), then this is the
    right NG to ask.

    --
    Dag.

    Dag Sunde, Sep 9, 2005

  3. dirk

    dirk Guest

    so yes,
    i want to do it by using javascript (client side)
    what do you mean by "the right NG to ask"?

    can you give me some examples for writing an inputbox and a commandbutton on
    a html page,
    then returning the value of this inputbox by deviding it by 3 for example?

    are there some good sites where i can study this?
    thank you

    dirk, Sep 12, 2005
  4. dirk

    Dag Sunde Guest

    "dirk" <dd> wrote in message
    > "Dag Sunde" <> wrote in message
    >> "dirk" <dd> wrote in message
    >> > Hello,
    >> > i gave made some code in VBA for Excel.
    >> > i want to make a webpage with the same examples as my excel file, so i
    >> > think
    >> > i will need javascript (serverside?)
    >> > how do i begin?
    >> > are there some good sites?

    >> Are we to understand that you want a web page that shows/execute
    >> som mathematical calculations based on some user input?
    >>
    >> You can do this serverside in any language supported by your
    >> webserver by posting the form with the input-values back to
    >> your server-script, let it do the calculations and generate
    >> the result page back to the browser.
    >>
    >> If you do it serverside I suggest using IIS, since you obviously
    >> are familiar with VBA witch are very close to VBScript. ASP pages
    >> can be coded in VB-Script.
    >>
    >> Or... You can choos to write all your calculations in JavaScript
    >> as functions in the web-page itself, and do all of the work in
    >> the users browser (clientside).
    >>
    >> If you choose the last alternative (I would), then this is the
    >> right NG to ask.
    >>

    > so yes,
    > i want to do it by using javascript (client side)
    > what do you mean by "the right NG to ask"?
    >
    > can you give me some examples for writing an inputbox and a commandbutton
    > on
    > a html page,
    > then returning the value of this inputbox by deviding it by 3 for example?
    >
    > are there some good sites where i can study this?
    > thank you

    <head>
    <title>Divide</title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function divideBy3() {
    var myNum = document.getElementById("myNumber").value;
    var myResult = document.getElementById("result");
    myResult.value = myNum / 3;
    return true
    }
    </script>
    </head>

    <label>Number to divide: </label>
    <input type="text" id="myNumber" value="" />&nbsp;
    <input type="button" id="cmdDivide" value="Divide by 3"
    onclick="divideBy3();"/><br />
    <label>Result: </label>
    <input type="text" id="result" value="" />

    --
    Dag.

    Dag Sunde, Sep 12, 2005
  5. dirk

    ASM Guest

    dirk wrote:

    > can you give me some examples for writing an inputbox and a commandbutton on
    > a html page,
    > then returning the value of this inputbox by deviding it by 3 for example?

    <form name="form_1">
    <input type=text onchange="result.value=this.value/3">
    and click outside (on page)
    <input type=text name="result">
    <hr>
    <input type=text name="num1" size=5>
    <select name="choiss">
    <option>Operator
    <option> +
    <option> -
    <option> :
    <option> x
    </select>
    number 2 :
    <input type=text name="num2" size=5>
    <input type=button value="calcul" onclick="calc()">
    <input type=text name="total" size=6>
    </form>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function calc() {
    var f = document.forms['form_1'];
    var n1 = f.num1.value;
    var n2 = f.num2.value;
    var op = new Array('','+','-','/','*');
    var i = f.choiss.selectedIndex;
    if(i==0) alert('you din\'t select an operator');
    else
    f.total.value= eval(n1+op+n2);
    }
    </script>