Beginners Tutorial in PDF Format?

W. Watson

I'd like to print a tutorial in one fell swoop, but it seems most on the
various sites are page by page embedded descriptions in the page. Any
available as a pdf?

Two laws Newton and Einstein didn't discover:
1. Time is money.
2. Matter will be damaged in direct proportion
to its value.

Robert Hicks

W. Watson said:
I'd like to print a tutorial in one fell swoop, but it seems most on the
various sites are page by page embedded descriptions in the page. Any
available as a pdf?

Two laws Newton and Einstein didn't discover:
1. Time is money.
2. Matter will be damaged in direct proportion
to its value.

http://docs.python.org/download.html

http://www.diveintopython.org/

HTH

Robert

W. Watson

Robert said:
Thanks, but the first url takes me to a web page that contains the complete
tutorial. Does choosing pdf (USA) in the table download a file that contains
all the documents on the list below and to the left?

Two laws Newton and Einstein didn't discover:
1. Time is money.
2. Matter will be damaged in direct proportion
to its value.

Gabriel Genellina

"W. Watson" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
Robert said:
http://docs.python.org/download.html

http://www.diveintopython.org/

Thanks, but the first url takes me to a web page that contains the
complete
tutorial. Does choosing pdf (USA) in the table download a file that
contains
all the documents on the list below and to the left?

Try again. The first url goes to this page:
Download Python 2.5 Documentation (19 September 2006): To download an
archive containing all the documents for this version of Python in one of
various formats [pdf included, you can choose between Letter/A4].
Below, it says "These documents are not available for download
individually."

W. Watson

Robert said:
http://docs.python.org/download.html

http://www.diveintopython.org/

Thanks, but the first url takes me to a web page that contains the
complete
tutorial. Does choosing pdf (USA) in the table download a file that
contains
all the documents on the list below and to the left?

Try again. The first url goes to this page:
Download Python 2.5 Documentation (19 September 2006): To download an
archive containing all the documents for this version of Python in one
of various formats [pdf included, you can choose between Letter/A4].
Below, it says "These documents are not available for download
individually."
There is nothing there with the title "Python 2.5 Documentation".

"Depend upon it, there is nothing so unnatural as the
commonplace." -- Sherlock Holmes, in "A Case of Identity"

Joshua J. Kugler

W. Watson said:

Try again. The first url goes to this page:
Download Python 2.5 Documentation (19 September 2006): To download an
archive containing all the documents for this version of Python in one
of various formats [pdf included, you can choose between Letter/A4].
Below, it says "These documents are not available for download
individually."
There is nothing there with the title "Python 2.5 Documentation".

Really? At http://docs.python.org/download.html the header across
says "Download Python 2.5 Documentation (19 September 2006)" and the links
for downloading are, for example,
http://docs.python.org/ftp/python/doc/2.5/pdf-letter-2.5.zip "2.5" occurs
twice in that URL. I think that's a pretty good indicator that it is a
download for version 2.5.

Gabriel Genellina

Robert said:
W. Watson wrote:
[...]

What do you mean? The html <title> tag contains
"Download Python Documentation", the outstanding
header (H3) says "Download Python 2.5
Documentation (19 September 2006)". There are
links for downloading the docs in various
formats, including the PDF format you want.
Perhaps you have some browser problem.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL