    with my VHDL however I want to start of simple.

    Thank you.

    Ziko

    VHDLBABY, Apr 10, 2006

  2. VHDLBABY a écrit :
    > Hi I have been trying to find work in relation to IC design since I
    > graduated (3 years ago) but to no avail. I have recently taken a
    > "Comprehensive VHDL" course with Doulos. I have a Xilnx Spartan 3
    > Starter Kit Board. I want to use the knowledge I gained from doulos to
    > start to implement some designs. Is there anything simple you guys
    > could suggest to me, I would greatly appreciate it. I am confident
    > with my VHDL however I want to start of simple.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Ziko

    Hello Ziko

    I do not know what inputs or outputs can handle the Spartan 3 Starter
    Kit Board, but the best start-project you can find is the one you like
    so much that your motivation will be its first motor !
    A too simple projet would not be so fun that a bit harder one ... if you
    like "challenge" :)

    Do you like sound ? Try to implement some sound basics digital functions
    : delays, echo, reverbs, filters, fun effects...

    Do you like motors ? Try to implement half or full bridge digital
    control, speed or torque, vector control. Many things can be done with
    smalls pieces of mirror, two motors, a low cost laser diode and some
    imagination...

    Do you like games ? You can try to implement some simple games in hard
    coded logic, like the first ping-pong games.

    Do you like video and hi-speed data ? Try to play with image filtering,
    border recognition, compression, etc...

    Do you like maths ? You can play with hardcoded SSx encryption
    decryption, very large number factoring, or FFT and all around.

    Do you like experiment ? You can try to implement a few bits processor
    with a few instructions. You would be surprised by its power...

    (sorry for my english :) )

    Best regards,
    Pascal

    Pascal Peyremorte, Apr 10, 2006

  3. VHDLBABY

    john Guest

    Hi.

    try to interface it a Dual port RAM and use some samaphores to read and
    write the data at the same time.

    Johm

    john, Apr 10, 2006
  4. Thanks guys, I am limited to what i can do on the board, it has a
    number of buttons, switches, LEDs (7 segment), serial ports, PS/2
    connection and some external connectors, have the 200k FPGA on it (not
    that it will make a difference to small designs I will be
    implementing).

    Actually thinking about it would like somehow to read charachters from
    a keyboard and display them on the LED display! Anyone know how PS/2
    (or whatever they keyboard uses) works?

    PS This is my new login in name.

    Many thanks.

    Ziko

    BluesToTheBone, Apr 11, 2006
  5. BluesToTheBone a écrit :
    > Thanks guys, I am limited to what i can do on the board, it has a
    > number of buttons, switches, LEDs (7 segment), serial ports, PS/2
    > connection and some external connectors, have the 200k FPGA on it (not
    > that it will make a difference to small designs I will be
    > implementing).
    >
    > Actually thinking about it would like somehow to read charachters from
    > a keyboard and display them on the LED display! Anyone know how PS/2
    > (or whatever they keyboard uses) works?
    >
    > PS This is my new login in name.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Ziko

    Hello, Ziko,

    Look at :
    http://www.computer-engineering.org/
    http://doc.union.edu/118/Lab3/lab3.html

    and more generic : google(PS2 keyboard interface);

    I found that your board have also a VGA connector.
    So you can also display an image, per exemple a small square ball
    bouncing on borders first, a round ball after.

    Have fun !
    Pascal

    Pascal Peyremorte, Apr 11, 2006
  6. Oh yeah cool, thanks, I will have a good mess around. :D Hopefully I
    will advance to something more complicated later.

    BluesToTheBone, Apr 11, 2006