    aman firoz Guest

    do you people got anything for c beginners.....

    help me out guys

    aman firoz, Jul 27, 2007

  2. aman firoz

    santosh Guest

    aman firoz wrote:

    > do you people got anything for c beginners.....
    >
    > help me out guys

    Books:
    ======

    1. The C Programming Language Second Edition by Kernighan and Ritchie
    2. C: A Reference Manual by Harbison and Steele
    3. C Unleashed by Heathfield, Kirby et al.
    4. Expert C Programming by Peter Van der Linden

    Online tutorials:
    =================

    Steve Summit's C notes:
    <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/>

    Also he maintains the very useful C FAQ:
    <http://www.c-faq.com/>

    There's also a clc "wiki":
    <http://clc-wiki.net/>

    Other resources include:

    <http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/>
    <http://www.dinkumware.com/manuals/>
    <http://www-ccs.ucsd.edu/c/>
    <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/>
    <http://www.knosof.co.uk/cbook/cbook.html>
    <http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/portable/c/index.php>

    santosh, Jul 27, 2007

  3. aman firoz

    pete Guest

    --
    pete

    pete, Jul 27, 2007
  4. Groovy hepcat aman firoz was jivin' in comp.lang.c on Fri, 27 Jul 2007
    4:25 pm. It's a cool scene! Dig it.

    > do you people got anything for c beginners.....
    >
    > help me out guys

    Sure. Which way did you come in?
    Now, do you have any specific questions pertaining to C? If so, please
    ask.

    --
    Dig the sig!

    ----------- Peter 'Shaggy' Haywood ------------
    Ain't I'm a dawg!!

    Peter 'Shaggy' Haywood, Jul 28, 2007
  5. aman firoz

    Richard Guest

    Peter 'Shaggy' Haywood <> writes:

    > Groovy hepcat aman firoz was jivin' in comp.lang.c on Fri, 27 Jul 2007
    > 4:25 pm. It's a cool scene! Dig it.
    >
    >> do you people got anything for c beginners.....
    >>
    >> help me out guys

    > Sure. Which way did you come in?
    > Now, do you have any specific questions pertaining to C? If so, please
    > ask.

    He did. He was asking for advice as a complete C beginner.

    ">> do you people got anything for c beginners....."

    Admittedly you had to assume he wasn't a native English speaker and
    apply some common sense.

    To the OP:

    I still think the best book is Kernighan & Ritchie's The C programming
    Language Second Edition (Ansi C).

    http://www.amazon.com/C-Programming-Language-2nd/dp/0131103628

    A great online reference is here for frequently asked questions:

    http://c-faq.com/

    For more advanced reading which is *fun* try Expert C programming.

    http://www.amazon.com/Expert-Progra...774298/ref=pd_sim_b_1_img/105-0429103-7956405

    Richard, Aug 1, 2007