Beginning ASPX with Visual Studio.NET editor

Zenobia

Hello,

I'm trying to run a sample project that came with Stephen
Walther's book "ASP.NET Unleashed (1e)", Chapter 31 - "Creating
an Online Store."

I opened Visual Studio. Started a new project called
"aspnetstore" in the webroot.

I copied all the files over (using Windows Explorer)

After refreshing the project view the files were shown in white
outline.

I used the "Include in project" for each of the files.

Unfortunately Visual Studio has inserted page directives in
nearly all files like this:

<%@ Page CodeBehind="Footer.aspx.vb" Language="vb"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="aspnetstore.Footer" %>

Some of these are include files so the net result is that I get
an error "There can be only one 'page' directive"

How do I start a Visual Studion project from existing code or
copy pages to an existing project?

Shall I just remove all these page directives to get it working?