beginning web pager. Guitar Tabs

bjaramil

This is a beginning web page for guitar players to use.
I tried to make it work with frames and so far, so good.
Some things I would like to do, however, are to:
1. Get the scrollbar to appear only if the person viewing it needs it (at my
resolution, I don't need it, but users have complained about not being able
to see all the songs listed). Is that even possible?
2. Make the scroll bar match one of the colors on my page, probably the
gold.

If you can be of any help, even if it is just pointing me to a concise
tutorial, please let me know....
Please be kind!
Thanks,

Mark Parnell

[Removed alt.html.dynamic as it doesn't exist on my server. What does
any of this have to do with DHTML anyway? F'ups set to alt.html]
This is a beginning web page for guitar players to use.

What is? I don't see a URL.
I tried to make it work with frames and so far, so good.

That's what _you_ think.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")
1. Get the scrollbar to appear only if the person viewing it needs it (at my
resolution, I don't need it, but users have complained about not being able
to see all the songs listed). Is that even possible?

Without a URL it is impossible to tell. But the frames are probably
causing at least part of that problem.
2. Make the scroll bar match one of the colors on my page, probably the
gold.

NOOOOOO! It's my browser, not yours. The scrollbar is part of my
browser, not your site. Leave it alone.

Luckily for me my browser doesn't allow such nastiness.
Please be kind!

LOL. This is usenet. But we only do it because we care. :)

jake

In message <[email protected]>, Mark Parnell
NOOOOOO! It's my browser, not yours. The scrollbar is part of my
browser, not your site. Leave it alone.

But .... but ...... if it's IE it belongs to Bill G.

For the benefit of advanced designers, Bill provides the ability to
manipulate the colours on *his* browsers ;-)
Luckily for me my browser doesn't allow such nastiness.
LOL. This is usenet. But we only do it because we care. :)
That'll be the day ............