    tutorial, please let me know....
    Please be kind!
    Thanks,
    bjaramil, Apr 27, 2004

  2. bjaramil wrote:

    > DOH! Beginning emailer, too....

    And beginning newsgroup poster, too, this not being email?

    I suspect you're also posting with a primary email address. You can
    expect plenty of nice new pink spam, now that you've offered it up
    to the spammers' address harvestors.

    Help yourself out a little, here:

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/munging-address/
    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/faqs_idx.html

    Happy Usenetting. (That's what this is.)

    --
    Blinky Linux Register User 4892F
    AOL Diary: (New 4/22) http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 27, 2004

  3. As a guitar player recently in search of tabs for a few pieces to work out
    for this coming Saturday night I was very pleased to see your questions. I
    hope you'll accept some constructive criticism along with advise...

    > 1. Get the scrollbar to appear only if the person viewing it needs it (at

    my
    > resolution, I don't need it, but users have complained about not being

    able
    > to see all the songs listed). Is that even possible?

    Better to find a way to do it without frames. If you must use them, learn
    to live with scrollbars.

    > 2. Make the scroll bar match one of the colors on my page, probably the
    > gold.

    I understand wanting to make your page "kewl", but don't. Just don't.
    Here's advice I normally charge $75/hr for: Get off the fancy design and
    concentrate on content. Don't mess with the scrollbars. Don't play music
    on the site. And for Christ's sake the black background's got to go...it
    has it's place, but is your site about your site, our about guitar tabs? I
    hit your site thinking I might browse a bit, but the AGRESSIVE color scheme
    turned me off - I clicked on one just to see and it loads white! Suddenly
    the "kewl" site looks worse than it did before with a white screen
    surrounded by black/gold/red. Ick ick ick. (It doesn't scroll either).

    If you want your site to last, to become a destination where people gather
    to exchange ideas and music, ask yourself one question: What Would Amazon
    Do? Amazon.com is readable, has no dancing (or audible) baloney, uses a
    unified color scheme that's easy to read and degrades well.

    WWAD?

    - Wm

    --
    William Morris
    Lead Developer / Mgr. Product Development, Seritas LLC
    William Morris, Apr 28, 2004