Behaving like a shell

Matthew Braid

Hi all,

I've been looking around old messages trying to find if shell-like input
has been implemented already (ie input with up/down/left/right arrows
for navigation through history/the command line, tab complete commands
etc) but have had little luck so far.

I'm not writing a perl shell - I'm writing an application shell in perl
(_not_ a system shell - its an interactive command line interface to a
group of applications I'm writing).

I _can_ write it myself - Term::ReadKey works nicely on my system - but
if there's code out there already existing that I can modify to my needs
all the better :)

So does anyone know of a package/program already written that does what
I want?

MB

John W. Krahn

Matthew said:
Hi all,

I've been looking around old messages trying to find if shell-like input
has been implemented already (ie input with up/down/left/right arrows
for navigation through history/the command line, tab complete commands
etc) but have had little luck so far.

I'm not writing a perl shell - I'm writing an application shell in perl
(_not_ a system shell - its an interactive command line interface to a
group of applications I'm writing).

I _can_ write it myself - Term::ReadKey works nicely on my system - but
if there's code out there already existing that I can modify to my needs
all the better :)

So does anyone know of a package/program already written that does what
I want?

Perhaps this is what you want:

http://www.gregorpurdy.com/gregor/psh/

John