    performance is a bug!

    Thanks for your help!

    - Charlie
    Charles Oliver Nutter, Dec 2, 2007

  2. Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
    > For those of you playing with JRuby, if you run across benchmarks of any
    > kind that show JRuby running slower than Ruby 1.8.x, we'd appreciate you
    > filing them as bugs:
    >
    > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY
    >
    > In general, performance in JRuby should be better for normal execution,
    > so we'd like to find any remaining performance bottlenecks. Poor
    > performance is a bug!
    >
    > Thanks for your help!
    >
    > - Charlie

    You've got PetStore running faster than 1.8 now??
    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Dec 2, 2007

  3. M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
    > You've got PetStore running faster than 1.8 now??

    I don't think it's quite there...and it ought to be, so there's
    something slowing it down. Other Rails benchmarks, however, do show
    JRuby running faster. Work continues.

    - Charlie
    Charles Oliver Nutter, Dec 2, 2007
  4. Note: parts of this message were removed by the gateway to make it a legal Usenet post.

    nice timing...

    Antonio Cangiano just completed a new run of his Ruby language shootout.
    The Great Ruby
    Shootout<http://antoniocangiano.com/2007/12/03/the-great-ruby-shootout/>

    Major improvement on Feb's numbers, impressive stuff.

    http://huikau.com

    Mike McKinney, Dec 4, 2007
  5. Mike McKinney wrote:
    > nice timing...
    >
    > Antonio Cangiano just completed a new run of his Ruby language shootout.
    > The Great Ruby
    > Shootout<http://antoniocangiano.com/2007/12/03/the-great-ruby-shootout/>
    >
    > Major improvement on Feb's numbers, impressive stuff.

    Yeah, and Antonio's numbers don't even reflect true performance after
    the VM warms up and things JIT. There's really only about two YARV
    benchmarks we're slower on now.

    - Charlie
    Charles Oliver Nutter, Dec 4, 2007