    (Though a pure Ruby solution would be cooler than platform-specific.)
    --
    (-, /\ \/ / /\/
    Gavin Kistner, May 30, 2005

  2. Gavin Kistner wrote:
    > How can I measure the amount of RAM (allocated, not real) is used by
    > a particular approach to a problem? I can use the winmgmts stuff for
    > Windows, so I'm primarily interested in a BSD/MacOS X solution.
    >
    > (Though a pure Ruby solution would be cooler than platform-specific.)
    > --
    > (-, /\ \/ / /\/

    You should be able to use sys-proctable for Windows and BSD, and use
    the appropriate ProcTableStruct members. I don't have an
    implementation for OS X yet, however.

    Regards,

    Dan
    Daniel Berger, May 30, 2005

  3. Gavin Kistner

    Guest

    On Mon, 30 May 2005, Gavin Kistner wrote:

    > How can I measure the amount of RAM (allocated, not real) is used by a
    > particular approach to a problem? I can use the winmgmts stuff for Windows,
    > so I'm primarily interested in a BSD/MacOS X solution.

    did you consider sending yourself a signal to dump core and check the core
    file size? it's a hack for sure... but it can be quite revealing.

    cheers.

    -a
    | phone :: 303.497.6469
    | My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    | --Tenzin Gyatso
    , May 31, 2005