benchmarking with threading module

Matteo Memelli

Hi, I'd like to know if it is possible to use the threading module to
benchmark a web server.
I'd like to write a python script which connect to a web server asking
for a page (like a php page querying a mysql db).
The script should launch many different queries to the web page at the
same time.
The plotting the time VS number of queries I'd like to understand which
would be the critical number of simultaneous connection to the web
server.
Do you think that using the Threading module would be a good idea?
Any other suggestion?
Thank you very much

Matteo Memelli

Peter Hansen

Matteo said:
Hi, I'd like to know if it is possible to use the threading module to
benchmark a web server.
Do you think that using the Threading module would be a good idea?
Any other suggestion?

This sounds like a good time to use Twisted instead of "threading".

-Peter