Benefits App

Simon Harris

Hi All,

I recently attended a training course - MS Course 2310B - "Developing
Microsoft ASP.Net Web Applications Using Visual Studio.Net"

I am now trying to following through the course book, in prep for an exam.

Just wondering if anyone can help me out setting up the examples etc.

Specifically, I need to know how to get the benefits app working (This is
what is built during the course, but is also included on the CD that comes
with the book)

The book mentions looking at http://localhost/benefitsvb/default.aspx

I just (for now) need to know where to point the virtual directory.
Currently, /benefitsvb maps to:

C:\Program Files\msdntrain\2310\Labfiles\Lab16\VB\Starter\BenefitsVB

When I load the page, I get this error:

Server Error in '/benefitsvb' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'BenefitsVB._default'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page trace="false" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="default.aspx.vb" Inherits="BenefitsVB._default" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="header" Src="header.ascx" %>
Line 3: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

Source File: C:\Program
Files\Msdntrain\2310\Labfiles\Lab16\VB\Starter\BenefitsVB\Default.aspx
Line: 1

Version:1.1.4322.573

--
-
* Please reply to group for the benefit of all

Trevor Benedict R

You need to compile the Project before you run it. If it is not
compiled, then try to run the command-line compiler from the Visual
Studio .NET Command Prompt with the correct paramets.

Regards

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD