Benefits App

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Harris, Jun 30, 2004.

  1. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    Hi All,

    I recently attended a training course - MS Course 2310B - "Developing
    Microsoft ASP.Net Web Applications Using Visual Studio.Net"

    I am now trying to following through the course book, in prep for an exam.

    Just wondering if anyone can help me out setting up the examples etc.

    Specifically, I need to know how to get the benefits app working (This is
    what is built during the course, but is also included on the CD that comes
    with the book)

    The book mentions looking at http://localhost/benefitsvb/default.aspx

    I just (for now) need to know where to point the virtual directory.
    Currently, /benefitsvb maps to:

    C:\Program Files\msdntrain\2310\Labfiles\Lab16\VB\Starter\BenefitsVB

    When I load the page, I get this error:

    Server Error in '/benefitsvb' Application.

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'BenefitsVB._default'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page trace="false" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="default.aspx.vb" Inherits="BenefitsVB._default" %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="header" Src="header.ascx" %>
    Line 3: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

    Source File: C:\Program
    Files\Msdntrain\2310\Labfiles\Lab16\VB\Starter\BenefitsVB\Default.aspx
    Line: 1

    Version:1.1.4322.573

    --
    -
    * Please reply to group for the benefit of all
    Simon Harris, Jun 30, 2004

  2. You need to compile the Project before you run it. If it is not
    compiled, then try to run the command-line compiler from the Visual
    Studio .NET Command Prompt with the correct paramets.

    Regards

    Trevor Benedict R
    MCSD

    Trevor Benedict R, Jul 1, 2004