Benefits of c over c++

shantibhushan.sale

Hi,
Do i know the benefits of c over c++? It might be in case of
emebedded programming or in general.

Mark McIntyre

Hi,
Do i know the benefits of c over c++? It might be in case of
emebedded programming or in general.

This is a topic that comes up so often that a google groups search
will give you a billion answers.

Short answer: time to duck.

Long answer: the question is similar to "is hinduism better than
sikhism" or "is lager better than bitter".
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Ian Collins

Mark McIntyre wrote:

"is lager better than bitter".

The answer to that is too obvious for debate!

Mark McIntyre

Mark McIntyre wrote:

"is lager better than bitter".

The answer to that is too obvious for debate!

I agree.
<dons tin hat>
if its not at room temperature, its not beer
<gd&r>

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Malcolm McLean

Mark McIntyre said:
Long answer: the question is similar to "is hinduism better than
sikhism" or "is lager better than bitter".
More like "is it better to have a doctor or a nurse?". The doctor can do the
nurse's job, but the nurse can't do the doctor's.
So at first sight your hospital should employ only doctors, and no nurses.

However in most situations not requiring diagnosis or prescription a nurse
is better. It cost less to train her, for one thing. Then doctors tend to be
tempted to play with patients if there is nothing useful to do. Nurses just
make them comfortable, which is often all that can be done for a dying man.
If the job is a nursing job, a nurse is in fact better.

Joachim Schmitz

Flash Gordon said:
Ian Collins wrote, On 26/09/07 03:04:

The cellar is a room, so Mark is correct for certain values of room.
a fridge is a room too, some of them are actually quite large...

Richard Bos

Malcolm McLean said:
More like "is it better to have a doctor or a nurse?". The doctor can do the
nurse's job,

Hah. You haven't talked to nurses much, have you?

That situation is quite opposite to the C/C++ one, where each _can_ do
the other's job, but each makes some _ways_ to do certain jobs easier
than the other.

Richard

CBFalconer

Richard said:
Hah. You haven't talked to nurses much, have you?

That situation is quite opposite to the C/C++ one, where each
_can_ do the other's job, but each makes some _ways_ to do certain
jobs easier than the other.

Double hah. My wife was a nurse. She had a few opinions and
wasn't shy about correcting doctors.

Christopher Benson-Manica

[comp.lang.c] Ian Collins said:
Not room, cellar.

<topicality level="negligible">I seem to recall that even when
drinking bitter in England I saw very few cellars that were not rooms
:) (I must admit that the beer started off tasty at whatever
temperature it was and remained tasty until the last drop - quite
possibly the highlight of my time across the pond...)