    Do i know the benefits of c over c++? It might be in case of
    emebedded programming or in general.
    , Sep 25, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Do i know the benefits of c over c++?

    Do you?

    >It might be in case of
    >emebedded programming or in general.

    True.
    Kenny McCormack, Sep 25, 2007

  3. user923005 Guest

    On Sep 25, 6:19 am, ""
    <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Do i know the benefits of c over c++? It might be in case of
    > emebedded programming or in general.

    simplicity
    user923005, Sep 25, 2007
  4. On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 06:19:49 -0700, in comp.lang.c ,
    "" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Do i know the benefits of c over c++? It might be in case of
    >emebedded programming or in general.

    This is a topic that comes up so often that a google groups search
    will give you a billion answers.

    Short answer: time to duck.

    Long answer: the question is similar to "is hinduism better than
    sikhism" or "is lager better than bitter".
    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan
    Mark McIntyre, Sep 25, 2007
  5. Ian Collins Guest

    Mark McIntyre wrote:

    "is lager better than bitter".

    The answer to that is too obvious for debate!

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Sep 25, 2007
  6. On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:46:55 +1200, in comp.lang.c , Ian Collins
    <> wrote:

    >Mark McIntyre wrote:
    >
    >"is lager better than bitter".
    >
    >The answer to that is too obvious for debate!

    I agree.
    <dons tin hat>
    if its not at room temperature, its not beer
    <gd&r>

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan
    Mark McIntyre, Sep 25, 2007
  7. Ian Collins Guest

    Mark McIntyre wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:46:55 +1200, in comp.lang.c , Ian Collins
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mark McIntyre wrote:
    >>
    >> "is lager better than bitter".
    >>
    >> The answer to that is too obvious for debate!

    > I agree.
    > <dons tin hat>
    > if its not at room temperature, its not beer
    > <gd&r>

    Not room, cellar.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Sep 26, 2007
  8. "Mark McIntyre" <> wrote in message
    > Long answer: the question is similar to "is hinduism better than
    > sikhism" or "is lager better than bitter".

    More like "is it better to have a doctor or a nurse?". The doctor can do the
    nurse's job, but the nurse can't do the doctor's.
    So at first sight your hospital should employ only doctors, and no nurses.

    However in most situations not requiring diagnosis or prescription a nurse
    is better. It cost less to train her, for one thing. Then doctors tend to be
    tempted to play with patients if there is nothing useful to do. Nurses just
    make them comfortable, which is often all that can be done for a dying man.
    If the job is a nursing job, a nurse is in fact better.

    --
    Free games and programming goodies.
    http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm
    Malcolm McLean, Sep 26, 2007
  9. Flash Gordon Guest

    Ian Collins wrote, On 26/09/07 03:04:
    > Mark McIntyre wrote:
    >> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:46:55 +1200, in comp.lang.c , Ian Collins
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mark McIntyre wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "is lager better than bitter".
    >>>
    >>> The answer to that is too obvious for debate!

    >> I agree.
    >> <dons tin hat>
    >> if its not at room temperature, its not beer
    >> <gd&r>
    >>

    > Not room, cellar.

    The cellar is a room, so Mark is correct for certain values of room.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Flash Gordon, Sep 26, 2007
  10. "Flash Gordon" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Ian Collins wrote, On 26/09/07 03:04:
    >> Mark McIntyre wrote:

    >>> I agree. <dons tin hat>
    >>> if its not at room temperature, its not beer
    >>> <gd&r>
    >>>

    >> Not room, cellar.

    > The cellar is a room, so Mark is correct for certain values of room.

    a fridge is a room too, some of them are actually quite large...
    Joachim Schmitz, Sep 26, 2007
  11. Richard Bos Guest

    "Malcolm McLean" <> wrote:

    > "Mark McIntyre" <> wrote in message
    > > Long answer: the question is similar to "is hinduism better than
    > > sikhism" or "is lager better than bitter".

    > More like "is it better to have a doctor or a nurse?". The doctor can do the
    > nurse's job,

    Hah. You haven't talked to nurses much, have you?

    That situation is quite opposite to the C/C++ one, where each _can_ do
    the other's job, but each makes some _ways_ to do certain jobs easier
    than the other.

    Richard
    Richard Bos, Sep 26, 2007
  12. CBFalconer Guest

    Richard Bos wrote:
    > "Malcolm McLean" <> wrote:
    >> "Mark McIntyre" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Long answer: the question is similar to "is hinduism better than
    >>> sikhism" or "is lager better than bitter".

    >> More like "is it better to have a doctor or a nurse?". The doctor
    >> can do the nurse's job,

    > Hah. You haven't talked to nurses much, have you?
    >
    > That situation is quite opposite to the C/C++ one, where each
    > _can_ do the other's job, but each makes some _ways_ to do certain
    > jobs easier than the other.

    Double hah. My wife was a nurse. She had a few opinions and
    wasn't shy about correcting doctors.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Sep 26, 2007
  13. [comp.lang.c] Ian Collins <> wrote:

    > Not room, cellar.

    <topicality level="negligible">I seem to recall that even when
    drinking bitter in England I saw very few cellars that were not rooms
    :) (I must admit that the beer started off tasty at whatever
    temperature it was and remained tasty until the last drop - quite
    possibly the highlight of my time across the pond...)

    --
    C. Benson Manica | I appreciate all corrections, polite or otherwise.
    cbmanica(at)gmail.com |
    Christopher Benson-Manica, Sep 26, 2007