Best _production ready_ O/R mapper for dot.net

Flare

Hi

Im coming from a J2EE world and have used Hibernate very succesfully.

Now I have to choose wich O/R mapping to use in my next ASP.NET project for
the persistence layer. The next projet is NOW so I can´t wait for projects
to mature.

I have looked at this list:
http://sharptoolbox.madgeek.com/Pages/Categorybf4853b9-2a87-4d40-9987-8744c3a6a9d6.aspx

But its pretty hard to judge wich project is mature to use in production:

The obvious is ADO.NET Dataset (typed/untyped) but I REALLY don´t like to
work with them. Done some testing and find them hard to work with. AIm I
really wrong here? Is ADO.NET defacto to use in dot.net today and I am the
one not undestanding the brilliance in ADO.NET?

What about:
-------------
Gentle.net
Wilson ORMapper for .NET
OJB.NET
nHibernate <<< Too bad its alpha. I need the O/R now. :(

Others wich i should be aware of?

Thank you very much
Anders, Denmark

Miha Markic [MVP C#]

Hi Flare,

AFAIK There is XPO2 comming which will let you create your own provider
specific code.
I strongly recommend you to contact (e-mail address removed) (very nice guys
:) ) and ask them directly.

Frans Bouma [C# MVP]

Flare said:
[...]

LLBLGen Pro. (http://www.llblgen.com )
Mature, widely used O/R mapper (over 47 countries), enterprise proven
technology. We'll release a major update today or tomorrow, of course free
for customers :)

FB

Frans Bouma [C# MVP]

Flare said:
Looks really great. Its says that it only supports MSSQL, Oracle, SAP...We
might have to do quite alot of interaction with a postgres sql server.
Dosent it support odbc or simular?

If you have to target a postgresql box, you'll be out of luck with almost
any O/R mapper for .NET I'm afraid. (for now, working on it :)

FB

Sayed Hashimi

You definately want to have a look at ORM.NET at sourceforge. It's
well into the production release so it is fairly mature.

sayed