Best AJAX Framework

Nuno

Hi,

Maybe this question alreay was asked, but now, i'm asking today...
today each ajax framework is the best one to start (open source of
course).

I already see so much (ASP.NET AJAX, GWT, DOJO, etc...) can you point
me to the best one?

Also i need to know if any of the ones that you will point to me, have
some kind of database support, because there is no web page in our
days without database requirements. Each ajax framework has the best
database support?

Thanks

Erwin Moller

Nuno said:
Hi,

Maybe this question alreay was asked, but now, i'm asking today...
today each ajax framework is the best one to start (open source of
course).

I already see so much (ASP.NET AJAX, GWT, DOJO, etc...) can you point
me to the best one?

Also i need to know if any of the ones that you will point to me, have
some kind of database support, because there is no web page in our
days without database requirements. Each ajax framework has the best
database support?

Thanks

Hi Nuno,

I fail to see how AJAX intergrates with a database.
Surely, you can use AJAX to post/retrieve stuff serverside, and so use a
database, but this has nothing to do with AJAX.

Personally, I would simply roll my own AJAX functions.
Once you know how, you don't want a framework, because that only
restricts you in your coding.

just my 2 cent, I am sure you can easily find an enthousiast for
framework x, or y or z.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Jeff North

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 04:07:42 -0800 (PST), in comp.lang.javascript Nuno
<[email protected]>
| Hi,
|
| Maybe this question alreay was asked, but now, i'm asking today...
| today each ajax framework is the best one to start (open source of
| course).
|
| I already see so much (ASP.NET AJAX, GWT, DOJO, etc...) can you point
| me to the best one?
|
| Also i need to know if any of the ones that you will point to me, have
| some kind of database support, because there is no web page in our
| days without database requirements. Each ajax framework has the best
| database support?
|
| Thanks

AJAX = Asynchronous JAVASCRIPT And XML.
This allows you talk to a server without page refreshes.
A typical call using an AJAX function might be:
AJAXCall("DisplayDataFromMyTable.php",divToUpdate);
As you can see the only connection between your page and the server is
a call to another page that does all the work.

As for frameworks: http://www.ajaxtoolbox.com/
The author, Matt Kruse posts to this forum.
-- -------------------------------------------------------------
(e-mail address removed) : Remove your pants to reply
-- -------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jeff said:
[...] Nuno [...] wrote:

Nothing is served by posting such attribution novels.
[...] today each ajax framework is the best one to start (open source of
| course).
|
| I already see so much (ASP.NET AJAX, GWT, DOJO, etc...) can you point
| me to the best one?
|
| Also i need to know if any of the ones that you will point to me, have
| some kind of database support, because there is no web page in our
| days without database requirements. Each ajax framework has the best
| database support?
[...]

Please trim your quotes, and use a quotation style that is appropriate in
Usenet, i.e. not confusing to the reader. The `|' character is reserved for
quotations from third-party sources, and often highlighted accordingly.
AJAX = Asynchronous JAVASCRIPT And XML.

However, the term is a misnomer. It does not need to be asynchronous, it
does not have to be JavaScript, and the response does not have to be XML.

XMLHttpRequest or XHR is a better misnomer.
This allows you talk to a server without page refreshes.

In script-kiddie speak, yes. Instead it is correct to say that it allows
you to make a request from an HTTP client to an HTTP server without
navigating to another resource.
A typical call using an AJAX function might be:
AJAXCall("DisplayDataFromMyTable.php",divToUpdate);
As you can see the only connection between your page and the server is
a call to another page that does all the work.

There is no call to another page, and there is no page.
DisplayDataFromMyTable.php would be the URI reference of server-side script
that generates content which is then provided to the client by the HTTP
server in a response message.
As for frameworks: http://www.ajaxtoolbox.com/
The author, Matt Kruse posts to this forum.

This is also not a (Web) forum, it is a public Usenet newsgroup.
-- -------------------------------------------------------------
[non-existing mailbox] : Remove your pants to reply
-- -------------------------------------------------------------

This signature in the end is not less anti-social than forging headers
directly as spambots have improved to scan the message body, and bounces to
third parties are the inevitable result of deliberately providing such data
no matter where they are placed. Nor does it reduce spam to your mailbox as
compared to the forging approach.

PointedEars

Jeff North

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 20:57:13 +0100, in comp.lang.javascript Thomas
'PointedEars' Lahn <[email protected]>

so you're one of those morons who uses 1,000 words when 5 words will
suffice.