    days without database requirements. Each ajax framework has the best
    database support?

    Thanks
    Nuno, Feb 1, 2008

  2. Nuno

    Erwin Moller Guest

    Nuno wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Maybe this question alreay was asked, but now, i'm asking today...
    > today each ajax framework is the best one to start (open source of
    > course).
    >
    > I already see so much (ASP.NET AJAX, GWT, DOJO, etc...) can you point
    > me to the best one?
    >
    > Also i need to know if any of the ones that you will point to me, have
    > some kind of database support, because there is no web page in our
    > days without database requirements. Each ajax framework has the best
    > database support?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Nuno,

    I fail to see how AJAX intergrates with a database.
    Surely, you can use AJAX to post/retrieve stuff serverside, and so use a
    database, but this has nothing to do with AJAX.

    Personally, I would simply roll my own AJAX functions.
    Once you know how, you don't want a framework, because that only
    restricts you in your coding.

    just my 2 cent, I am sure you can easily find an enthousiast for
    framework x, or y or z.

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller
    Erwin Moller, Feb 1, 2008

  3. Nuno

    Jeff North Guest

    On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 04:07:42 -0800 (PST), in comp.lang.javascript Nuno
    <>
    <>
    wrote:

    >| Hi,
    >|
    >| Maybe this question alreay was asked, but now, i'm asking today...
    >| today each ajax framework is the best one to start (open source of
    >| course).
    >|
    >| I already see so much (ASP.NET AJAX, GWT, DOJO, etc...) can you point
    >| me to the best one?
    >|
    >| Also i need to know if any of the ones that you will point to me, have
    >| some kind of database support, because there is no web page in our
    >| days without database requirements. Each ajax framework has the best
    >| database support?
    >|
    >| Thanks

    AJAX = Asynchronous JAVASCRIPT And XML.
    This allows you talk to a server without page refreshes.
    A typical call using an AJAX function might be:
    AJAXCall("DisplayDataFromMyTable.php",divToUpdate);
    As you can see the only connection between your page and the server is
    a call to another page that does all the work.

    As for frameworks: http://www.ajaxtoolbox.com/
    The author, Matt Kruse posts to this forum.
    -- -------------------------------------------------------------
    : Remove your pants to reply
    -- -------------------------------------------------------------
    Jeff North, Feb 2, 2008
  4. Jeff North wrote:
    > [...] Nuno [...] wrote:

    Nothing is served by posting such attribution novels.

    >> [...] today each ajax framework is the best one to start (open source of
    >> | course).
    >> |
    >> | I already see so much (ASP.NET AJAX, GWT, DOJO, etc...) can you point
    >> | me to the best one?
    >> |
    >> | Also i need to know if any of the ones that you will point to me, have
    >> | some kind of database support, because there is no web page in our
    >> | days without database requirements. Each ajax framework has the best
    >> | database support?
    >> [...]

    Please trim your quotes, and use a quotation style that is appropriate in
    Usenet, i.e. not confusing to the reader. The `|' character is reserved for
    quotations from third-party sources, and often highlighted accordingly.

    > AJAX = Asynchronous JAVASCRIPT And XML.

    However, the term is a misnomer. It does not need to be asynchronous, it
    does not have to be JavaScript, and the response does not have to be XML.

    XMLHttpRequest or XHR is a better misnomer.

    > This allows you talk to a server without page refreshes.

    In script-kiddie speak, yes. Instead it is correct to say that it allows
    you to make a request from an HTTP client to an HTTP server without
    navigating to another resource.

    > A typical call using an AJAX function might be:
    > AJAXCall("DisplayDataFromMyTable.php",divToUpdate);
    > As you can see the only connection between your page and the server is
    > a call to another page that does all the work.

    There is no call to another page, and there is no page.
    DisplayDataFromMyTable.php would be the URI reference of server-side script
    that generates content which is then provided to the client by the HTTP
    server in a response message.

    > As for frameworks: http://www.ajaxtoolbox.com/
    > The author, Matt Kruse posts to this forum.

    This is also not a (Web) forum, it is a public Usenet newsgroup.

    > -- -------------------------------------------------------------
    > [non-existing mailbox] : Remove your pants to reply
    > -- -------------------------------------------------------------

    This signature in the end is not less anti-social than forging headers
    directly as spambots have improved to scan the message body, and bounces to
    third parties are the inevitable result of deliberately providing such data
    no matter where they are placed. Nor does it reduce spam to your mailbox as
    compared to the forging approach.

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Feb 2, 2008
  5. Nuno

    Jeff North Guest

    On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 20:57:13 +0100, in comp.lang.javascript Thomas
    'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    <> wrote:

    so you're one of those morons who uses 1,000 words when 5 words will
    suffice.
    : Remove your pants to reply
    Jeff North, Feb 3, 2008